• Subway

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please name)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I thought it was good but not that good but I get the non spicy version cause I was afraid of fucking up my gut. I've got to try the spicy version ASAP. GUT HEALTH BE DAMNED

Staff member
Reaction score
The other thing is that if these are really hand breaded like they claim, the quality will be different from one day to the next. But I thought BK's was fried more to my liking too. I like it kind of well done.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
Would probably vote for Arby's off of this poll, but I want to shout out Long John Silvers. Yes it's greasy as all hell, but I can't say I've ever regretted eating there. Since chicken is the topic, theirs is surprisingly good.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
I never went to Red Lobster or LJS but I always thought of the latter as rich folk food we didn’t get locally growing up. I was surprised as an adult to learn it is considered fast trash just like the lobster.

I’d like to go to a good breaded seafood place but I don’t know what the food options are. Don’t even know if they’d have em out here.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
Pretty sure Captain D's is more of a regional chain. There is actually one on the next street from my house.

The LJS in my hometown closed a few months ago, so obviously the consensus was closer to how you guys feel about them than me, lol.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
I never went to Red Lobster or LJS but I always thought of the latter as rich folk food we didn’t get locally growing up. I was surprised as an adult to learn it is considered fast trash just like the lobster.

I’d like to go to a good breaded seafood place but I don’t know what the food options are. Don’t even know if they’d have em out here.
LJS is like 10x cheaper than Red Lobster. I don't understand this comparison at all.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I've hated Long John Silvers since I was a kid. I liked the hushpuppies but that's about it. Every time I've eaten it as an adult, I've either gotten sick or had an overload of grease and nasty batter. Totally agree with 909 here.

Disgusting.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
My family liked LJS when I was a kid, but the closest was probably 40ish miles away, so we only ate there a few times a year. I tried it as an adult for the first time probably like 8 years ago or so and felt awful afterwards. No interest in repeating that mistake again.

Gary

None So Vile
Reaction score
We had a LJS in town a while back. I remember going there and…not caring for it, to put I lightly. The building is now a Little Ceasers.

merit: I mentioned most of this earlier in the thread so never mind

Last edited:

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
Glad Arbys is running away. It's not a surprise that Simpsons joke coincided with the show's dip in quality. DONT MESS WITH THE BEEF.
I haven't watched a second of The Simpsons in over twenty-five years, and now I'm heartbroken to learn that my favorite podcast may have stolen one of their jokes.

Dandy

Reaction score
I haven’t read the first three pages of this thread but I wanted go ahead and comment on how Kenny Rogers’ Roasters closing caused me great pain.

claydude14

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I will agree that BK’s new ChiKing sandwich was a delight. Had the spicy with extra pickle. And I got a free Whopper by ordering it with the app!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The board: showing love for LJS and Red Lobster.

NEW ENGLAND MEN: ...meh
I've never had either chain. There hasn't been a Red Lobster in Maine for at least 20+ years. I highly doubt that LJS ever had a presence here.

Like if I was in the Midwest for a stretch of time, I'd be curious to try them but I'm not going to seek out a vastly inferior version of the food I've eaten 1-2 a week for my entire life. And there's dozens of chains that aren't up here that I'd be way more curious to try out. COOK OUT, I'M COMING IN AUGUST!

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Can confirm that Cook Out makes a tasty burger.
Man, they have Cook Outs in Tennessee, now? The quality used to be a lot better but you can't beat the "calories per dollar" ratio at Cook Out. The burgers are actually my least favorite thing to get there because even though they are pretty good for fast food, they are kind of puny.

Lazgistics Supervisor

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Man, they have Cook Outs in Tennessee, now? The quality used to be a lot better but you can't beat the "calories per dollar" ratio at Cook Out. The burgers are actually my least favorite thing to get there because even though they are pretty good for fast food, they are kind of puny.
There are, but the one I've been to was in Myrtle Beach.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
I had Cookout for the first time while we were in South Carolina and it became a semi-regular member of our rotation. We have a couple here. It's still pretty good and stupid cheap. But there's also been like 3 people shot in the less than 3 years I've been here at the one I'd consider driving to and we only eat out like once a week now, so it's a rarity.

Last edited: