Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please name)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hey, you included it as an option!
Yeah. I probably should've included Pizza Hut instead so I could get all three heads on the YUM! Foods Hydra as options (and give JN News a voice) . Ah well.

Idk if I should've included Subway either since I don't think anyone under the age of 50 has strong Subway opinions beyond their bread smell is weird & pervasive and Jared Fogle is a creep.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I didn't even notice Taco Bell slashed their menu. How recent was this? I was there about a month ago, I think? I also order their more vegan friendly options and they were available when I went.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It was back in September/October I think. It was gradual and they did half of their eliminations one month and the other half the next. Some of the eliminated stuff is available on the Taco Bell App but then you ask having someone look over your shoulder and seeing you have the Taco Bell app downloaded.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Taco Bell was the only drive thru place my girlfriend could eat from because so much of their menu can easily be made vegan. I was there 2-3x a week when she was pregnant. Gutting the menu cut what she could eat down to about a quarter of the size prior and took out the stuff I typically ordered.

Fuck them.
Same. Minus the pregnancy.

White Castle is a surprisingly strong fast food vegan location so that has been in our rotation for awhile as far as the occasional trash fast food option.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I've only had White Castle once driving Indiana 4 years ago and Idk if veggie burgers were even an option and I can't remember which brand veggie burger they us. However, I remember the article about them introducing veggie burgers and thinking "Wow. That is perfect option since it's greasy and grimy (but delicious) as the regular burger but in its own vegan way".

Looking it up and I guess it's Dr. Praeger's but they now also have Impossible Burger sliders too. Damn. Expand to New England, White Castle!

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Of all the chains using the fake meat, White Castle does it the best and it’s really not even close. Their onions really enhances the impossible taste and this is from a dude who doesn’t like onions.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Very rarely do you even see a non-vegetarian/vegan restaurant, chain or otherwise, that offers two kinds of veggie burgers. White Castle will be a nominee for the most deservedly praised fast food chain poll for sure.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
There's a White Castle about 15 minutes north of me. Never been to one. Now there's a reason.
Kamala has redeemed himself partially for the Greek salad fiasco simply for starting this discussion and leading his fellow NEW ENGLAND MAN to a happier fast food trash location that will serve well to improve his relationship.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I think some answers can be given by people’s region. For me, the fast food that gets the most disdain where I am is Taco Bell due to the plethora of choices of more authentic or better Mexican food. I don’t know how many times I’ve had people make comment if I went to Taco Bell in a time pinch.

On the other hand, since seafood sucks where I am and I don’t have a food barometer unless I am traveling, someplace like Long John Silver’s is fine enough here where it would be ass someplace like the East coast that has better selection.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think some answers can be given by people’s region. For me, the fast food that gets the most disdain where I am is Taco Bell due to the plethora of choices of more authentic or better Mexican food. I don’t know how many times I’ve had people make comment if I went to Taco Bell in a time pinch.

On the other hand, since seafood sucks where I am and I don’t have a food barometer unless I am traveling, someplace like Long John Silver’s is fine enough here where it would be ass someplace like the East coast that has better selection.
LJS is most definitely near the top of the trash heap but you never truly hear any dissing of the brand for that reason, it’s a very limited niche audience that serves that specific function.

As a practicing pescatarian, in theory I’m glad that LJS exists but in reality I still won’t touch that shit, even if my memory tells the hush puppies are worth the farts that always accompany it.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I live in New England and even I occasionally (erm, frequently tbh) like to indulge in mediocre store brand frozen battered fish filets. So I understand why Taco Bell can thrive in Southern California or Texas (or Arizona). Sometimes you want steaks and sometimes ya want sloppy joes, ya know. Obviously, there's not enough people like me to justify putting a Long John Silver's in New England.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
LJS is most definitely near the top of the trash heap but you never truly hear any dissing of the brand for that reason, it’s a very limited niche audience that serves that specific function.

As a practicing pescatarian, in theory I’m glad that LJS exists but in reality I still won’t touch that shit, even if my memory tells the hush puppies are worth the farts that always accompany it.
There was around 6 layers of batter around fish that was nearly liquid. It was disgusting and LJS is probably the worst chain.

Hush puppies are still good but not worth the rest.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Two qualities I associate with a good seafood restaurant are freshness and attention to detail which I rarely associate with fast food. You can tuck around and make an eatable bacon cheeseburger but much harder to tuck around and make fried shrimp.

Lazgistics Supervisor

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
I think there's a movie about how not to order and how to properly consume White Castle. Saturday Night Fever, I think?

Lazgistics Supervisor

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Seafood is for tourists and yuppies. True NEW ENGLAND MEN eat north shore roast beef sandwiches and walk to the convenience store during a nor'easter to grab ice cream.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I am still reeling from Bill & Bob’s Roast Beef next to Kappy’s Liquor in Saugus becoming a generic halal fried chicken place, @Laz .

Makes up for the fact that I am making tofu for dinner tonight like yuppy scum I am.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
I always assumed Lohn John Silver's the inferior brand to a place like Red Lobster myself.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I always assumed Lohn John Silver's the inferior brand to a place like Red Lobster myself.
I'm fine with eating at neither of those places for the rest of my life. I haven't been to Red Lobster in like a decade, but those prices were absurd back then. Can't imagine how much now.

Gary

None So Vile
Reaction score
I'm fine with eating at neither of those places for the rest of my life. I haven't been to Red Lobster in like a decade, but those prices were absurd back then. Can't imagine how much now.
All I remember about Red Lobster is how good their bread was. We used to have a Long John Silver's in town, but it was replaced by a Little Caesars (because if there's anything the town of Hillsboro needed, it was another Pizza place).

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I would’ve picked White Castle if it were listed.
They finally opened a White Castle here late 2019 and people were waiting in line for four hours to get it. I was waiting for the crowds to die down before trying them but the pandemic started and I haven’t had anything I haven’t cooked at home since March.

I want to try White Castle but I cannot think of any food, let alone fast food, that I would wait for four hours to get.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
People were like that here for the Popeye's chicken sandwich. During a pandemic. People want to be a part of something, even if it's fast food hype.

Reaction score
People were like that here for the Popeye's chicken sandwich. During a pandemic. People want to be a part of something, even if it's fast food hype.

Sometimes, I’m too anti-hype. I still haven’t tried the Popeye’s chicken sandwich. I still want to, but I waited out the hype and now I’m suspicious about the post-hype quality.