Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

MTV Sunday Nights

Reaction score
Fantasy Factory/Nitro Circus/Bully Beatdown

Yesssssssss. I can't wait to see this dude on Bully Beatdown get his shit pushed in. He acts like he's soooooo hard but will get wrecked.

wnyxmcneal

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Jaxxxson Mayhem said:

The bullies audition and sign up for the show. They're not ambushed or anything and the whole thing is scripted for the camera, and because the bullies want TV exposure.

The fights are "real" but the bullies are promised they won't get hurt.

Reaction score
I figured they weren't ambushed cause they never have a true look of confusion or surprise. Do they write what they want the bullies to say?

As long as the fights are real, that's all I care about.

wnyxmcneal

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yea, I think everything is scripted. The host of the show was complaining about the lines they have him say. I believe they're holding a casting call for Season 2

Reaction score
Some (most) of the shit the host says makes him look like a dumbass/douche bag. It's understandable he would complain.

Where do you learn about this shit anyway?

wnyxmcneal

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Wrestling Observer Newsletter had a feature on it. Meltzer also said that Redneck Wedding on CMT was a work too. I was appalled

Reaction score
Interesting. WON would be the last place I'd expect to hear something about Bully Beatdown.

wnyxmcneal

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Meltzer writes a lot about MMA now, so anything MMA related will get a writeup from him.

Reaction score
Yeah. I knew he wrote a lot of MMA stuff, but didn't think a shitty little show on MTV at like 10:30 on a Sunday night would get his attention.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
Meltzer thinks anything with even the slightest hint of a good vs evil storyline can be compared to wrestling.