Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

NBA March 2021: Hey now you're an All Star, put your mask on, get paid.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Bulls are in discussions with Celtics to flip them Mo Wagner for Daniel Theiss

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Bulls legend Mo Wagner is already traded as The GOD TIER FRONT OFFICE flips him to Boston for Daniel Theis

They will address point guard in the offseason, but holy shit turning Wendell, Otto, and Gafford into Vucevic and Theis is phenomenal. I think Troy Brown Jr. will take over Denzel Valentine's minutes as well.

This is by far the most enjoyable trade deadline since I've started following the Bulls again during the last decade.

Edit: Didn't see the earlier post, but fuck it.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I feel the Wagner-Theis trade makes no sense for Boston but the Bulls to me were the clear cut winners this deadline.

Oladipo, if healthy, is a great pickup for Miami. I feel like Gordon to the Nuggets, they gave up solid but not critical pieces and were able to upgrade

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
From what I read, Ainge wanted to cut salary.

I keep forgetting The Bulls also got Al-Farouq Aminu. Who is washed up and not the solid 3 and D option he was a few years ago, but could be another good veteran presence if healthy.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Bulls are also sending one of the worst players I've watched since I started following the Bulls again Luke Kornet to Boston in the trade

Wizards get Chandler Hutchison, Daniel Gafford
Bulls get Daniel Theis, Troy Brown Jr.
Celtics get Mo Wagner, Luke Kornet

KEEPS GETTING BETTER BON VOYAGE TO THE NEXT ROBERT HORRY

OG

OG
Reaction score
Really like getting Trent Jr. for Powell. Basically a cheaper and younger version of Norm who defends better (although he can't drive from what I've seen). Good piece of business by Ujiri since he was never gonna give Powell $20+ mil this summer. Very happy they didn't panic trade Lowry either and now hopefully they resign him this summer one last time. All they need now is to use one of those roster spots to pick up a bought out big man and it's a great deadline for Toronto.

Guarantee you no one will want to face Toronto in the play-in tourney if they crawl back into the top 10.

Staff member
Reaction score
Bulls are also sending one of the worst players I've watched since I started following the Bulls again Luke Kornet to Boston in the trade

Wizards get Chandler Hutchison, Daniel Gafford
Bulls get Daniel Theis, Troy Brown Jr.
Celtics get Mo Wagner, Luke Kornet

KEEPS GETTING BETTER BON VOYAGE TO THE NEXT ROBERT HORRY

This is such a ripoff lirl. I don’t know what Brown did to get on the Wizards bad side, but in the bubble this guy was going buck wild. And he’s only 21!
The Bulls just traded four scrubs for two good players

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
Orlando got Jeff Teague in the Fournier deal and will waive him

Dallas trades James Johnson, Wes Iwundu and a 2nd-round pick to New Orleans for JJ Redick and Nicolo Melli

Warriors send Brad Wanamaker to Charlotte and Marqueese Chriss to San Antonio for cash considerations

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This is such a ripoff lirl. I don’t know what Brown did to get on the Wizards bad side, but in the bubble this guy was going buck wild. And he’s only 21!
The Bulls just traded four scrubs for two good players
Having a good negotiator like Arturas Karnisovas is so refreshing. It feels like when Theo came to the Cubs in a way. I'm so excited right now. My god, it's so different from the GarPax era where they traded two rotation guys in the middle of a playoff push for Cameron Payne and two guys that couldn't crack the rotation in a washed Anthony Morrow and Joffrey Lauvergne. I remember just seething at John Paxson's bullshit presser where he said "WE FOUND OUR POINT GUARD OF THE FUTURE IN CAMERON PAYNE!".

Bulls also get JaVonte Green in the Celtics/Wizards/Bulls trade, but I don't know anything about him.

Last edited:

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Oklahoma City is shutting down Al Horford for the rest of the season to develop young guys. But they aren’t cutting him, they are holding him in hopes of using him as a trade asset this offseason.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
They looked like shit, but the new guys didn't get into Chicago til this morning and they never practiced or played together or anything. LaVine also played with a bum ankle tonight. He should've sat, but wanted to play with Vucevic.

Vucevic looked good and Troy Brown Jr. looked great and like a guy that has potential to be a starter. Billy Donovan also had a few terrible coaching decisions, like starting Lauri Markkanen over Thaddeus Young and opting to go with Denzel Valentine as one of the first guys off the bench where he went 1 for 6 and unsurprisingly was in there when the Spurs started running away with it.

Daniel Theis also didn't play and he's going to be very important to the Bulls defense and hopefully will lead to Billy going with Vucevic/Thad as starters and Theis/Lauri off the bench since Theis would cover for Lauri a lot on defense.

I'm still very optimistic about the rest of the season and they hopefully will be better once everyone becomes familiar with each other.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Mitchell Robinson broke his foot in the Knicks win over the Bucks last night. Ugh. This is why we can't have nice things for the Knicks. They finally get on the right track and a big piece gets injured again. They are now 24-22, and currently 5th in the East. Thibs has done an amazing job. There have been many time this year where they won games that would have been losses last year, most recently the previous game against The Wizard. They were down 17 in the 3rd and found a way to come back and win. Hopefully Robinson being out a while doesn't hurt too much.