Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

NBA March/April 2022- Anyone who predicted a Nets-Lakers Finals probably feels PRETTY DUMB rn

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
My big takeaway from the Jimmy Butler-Udonis Haslem spat is---Udonis Haslem is still an active NBA player!? I thought he retired with DWade three years ago!

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
The term "active" should be used loosely in this case. Since 2015 he's played in 92 games at a 7 mpg clip, including only one game last season where he was ejected after three minutes.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
My big takeaway from the Jimmy Butler-Udonis Haslem spat is---Udonis Haslem is still an active NBA player!? I thought he retired with DWade three years ago!
It's basically a make-good on Pat Riley's part: Haslem was never anywhere near a max player, but he passed up the one opportunity he had to get paid in his career, opting instead to take a pretty significant pay cut, in order to free up cap space for Miami to sign the Big 3. In return, Riley basically told UD that he has a roster spot for as long as he wants one. Plus, from management's perspective, it never hurts to have a "company man" on the roster, to help enforce the coach's orders.

Cartman

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Rob Williams torn Meniscus while the Celtics jump to the 1 seed in the East. Absolutely devastating injury to a team that was playing better than everyone for the last 2 months.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm not ready to throw in the towel and say Celtics are doomed to a first round exit yet but they need to make sure everyone else gets plenty of rest ASAP. They're not going to fall below the 4 seed and they've got nothing left to prove in the regular season.

Fact that Marcus Smart, Grant Williams and the Maine Celtics nearly beat Raptors in Toronto last night kind of validates my optimism.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
The Lakers are currently 11th in the West after tonight’s loss with 7 games to go, which of course means they would not make even the play-in to get in the playoffs. Of those 7, they have games at Utah, at Phoenix, at GS, and twice against Denver.

Staff member
Reaction score
They shoulda shut Lebron down a month or two ago like I said. There was nothing to gain from this. Fold your cards and try again.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Even if AD comes back before the end of the season and they stumble into 10th seed, there’s no guarantee this team could win two games in a row let alone a series. Best to shut it down, forget this year ever happened and hope for next season I guess.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
TimeLord is out for 4 to 6 weeks so he'll miss at least the first round of the playoffs or so (assuming Celtics make it past 1st round :()

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Franz Wagner isn't winning ROTY but he's been a bright spot in another dismal Orlando season

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The last two months of the Bulls season have mostly been a disaster. Play In seems certain or worse. There's a good chance they might not win a game the rest of the season.

Edit: bah gawd I jumped the gun and the Bulls ended up coming back to win with DeMar scoring 50.

Last edited:

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Even before last night, play in's unlikely. Maybe/probably they'll fall to 6 but they're 3 games ahead of Cleveland at 7 (who is having just as bad of a second half) with 5 games left.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
Manu Ginobili, Tim Hardaway, Swin Cash, George Karl and Bob Huggins have been leaked as Hall inductees for this year. Formal announcements are Saturday for the full class

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Am I missing something with Del Harris? He was a decent to good coach but I never thought “Wow. Hall of Fame worthy!” Is the standard for pro coaching to get into HOF that low?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
Lindsay Whelan? I mean, I guess. She has the résumé on paper (3rd in assists, 5x All-League, 4 rings, 2 Gold Medals), but there was never any point in her career when she was even the second-best point guard in the league, not even the season that she led the league in assists.

Cash is even a tougher sell: an all-time compiler, is what she is, first team all "Right Place, at the Right Time." On one hand, she's one of only 22 people in history (8 men, 14 women) with an NCAA National Championship, an American pro league (NBA/WNBA) championship, and an Olympic Gold Medal. On the other hand, she played fifteen years in the WNBA, was only All-League twice, never finished Top 5 in any counting stat, and only finished Top 10 in scoring twice. She was never the best player on any team she ever played for (even Whelan can say that, once), and spent most of her career (college and pros) as the third player in a handful of "Big Threes."

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Atlanta Hawks are suddenly looking like the team that made the Conference Finals last year. I really don't want the Celtics to end up against them or Toronto in the first round. Not scared of any of the other potential first round opponents (including Brooklyn)

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
LeBron out again tonight vs the Suns. A loss and a win by the Spurs and they are officially eliminated

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I feel bad for Lakers fans. Even as a Celtics fan, it's hard to derive *that* much enjoyment out of them behaving like a SEWER FRANCHISE.

Mostly, I hate to see Skip Bayless and whatever racist NBA fans are still left in 2022 happy.

Staff member
Reaction score
t3_tzazx0

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Lakers have to find a way to get Russ out of LA by hook or by crook this offseason. That situation seems untenable. They're probably gonna be terrible next season regardless but you got to at least rid the locker room of that toxicity.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Bulls are not only going to get swept in the first round, but I'd be surprised if any of the games are close. Billy Donovan's only offense is iso ball and good teams have that figured out. It looks like he has lost the team. It's been a nightmare since Grayson Allen took Caruso out.

Last edited: