Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

NBA Offseason 2022

Magic Johnson

New Poster Who'll Post A Lot
Reaction score
I can understand why this offseason is dead, as once it was announced that the Los Angeles Lakers were not only keeping the triple-double King, Russell Westbrook, but also adding the play-in GOAT himself, Pat Beverley to join forces with him, you can't help but throw in the towel if you're the 29 other teams in the NBA. I mean, just look at the guard depth on this team! This will definitely ease the load on LeBron James as he pursues history this season, which will undoubtedly be the most historic in the history of this great franchise.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
All signs are pointing to Ime Udoka being suspended for the entirety of the 2022-23 season for having a secret extramarital affair with a member of his staff. Idk if they can ever trust him again.

And of course, his #1 and #2 assistant left this offseason for Utah.

you-bite-your-tounge-pusheen.gif

Maybe Brad Stevens is willing to temp at his old job. Seriously, this is the worst possible GD timing. Training camp is next week!

Last edited:

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Speaking of Utah...
Sending Bojan Bogdonovic to Detroit for Kelly Olynyk and Saben Lee.

IMO, this solidifies Detroit as fringe playoff contenders. Also Kelly Olynyk seems like he'll fit in perfectly culturally in SLC.

(please don't mention that I once defended the Celtics picking him above Giannis Antetokounmpo. It's a stressful day)

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
All signs are pointing to Ime Udoka being suspended for the entirety of the 2022-23 season for having a secret extramarital affair with a member of his staff. Idk if they can ever trust him again.
And it's official that Ime Udoka is suspended for the 2022-23 season. Joe Mazzulla is interim head coach.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
Fun fact: The 2013 draft is the only draft since the merger in which both the #1 pick and Rookie of the Year were out of the league in less than 10 years.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
Giannis was considered a project coming into that draft, but it's still quite jarring to see the list of dudes that were drafted ahead of him. Out of 14 guys only one All-Star (Oladipo). Olynyk has arguably had one of the better careers out of that bunch!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Atlanta Hawks apparently came super close to picking him in the 2013 NBA Draft and I feel like if Greek Freak ends up on the Hawks, it triggers a Sliding Doors scenario. And there's a close to zero percent chance that there's an NBA team in Milwaukee today if Giannis doesn't end up there.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Speaking of Utah...
Sending Bojan Bogdonovic to Detroit for Kelly Olynyk and Saben Lee.

IMO, this solidifies Detroit as fringe playoff contenders. Also Kelly Olynyk seems like he'll fit in perfectly culturally in SLC.

(please don't mention that I once defended the Celtics picking him above Giannis Antetokounmpo. It's a stressful day)

Kind of hate this trade all around. Would have loved to see how Bogey would have fit in on a really good team, and I get that this deal is to save luxury tax money, but I don’t love the Jazz getting more guys back than they sent out.

Oh well, the Jazz are trying to get worse for 2023 and they are accomplishing that with this trade.

Staff member
Reaction score
But sources said that the woman recently accused Udoka of making unwanted comments toward her — leading the team to launch a set of internal interviews.

wompwomp

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
billy-madison-shut-up.gif

Obviously, there are good reasons why the Celtics are being so vague but lack of transparency just seems to invite a lot of baseless speculation that only adds fuel to the fire. OF COURSE, there's a bunch of idiots on Twitter going through Celtics' female staff trying to figure out who Ime schtupped.

For the Celtics players, these are the kind of moments that test how much steel is in your spine. This was already a super important season but now I feel like how everyone responds is going to effect the trajectory of the team for the next decade.