Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

NBA Offseason 2022

Ripper

I'll make your ass sense.
Reaction score
What's crazy is he is a really REALLY good backup point guard. Denver is not planning to waive him so...

ISH is about to make history.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I actually like the trade for both teams. Well I like it from the standpoint that the Wizards are trying to win now and not reset. I really like the KCP on the Nuggets as a fit.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
What's crazy is he is a really REALLY good backup point guard. Denver is not planning to waive him so...

ISH is about to make history.
It's weird to say but you kind of HAVE to be really good- at least, in terms of being bench depth to have damn near half the teams in the league give you a shot.

Ripper

Reaction score
I actually like the trade for both teams. Well I like it from the standpoint that the Wizards are trying to win now and not reset. I really like the KCP on the Nuggets as a fit.
Yeah, Barton just hasn't felt like a fit there since they actually got good. Not sure this does anything for Denver moving forward... I'm not sure they can win with the way they play.

Staff member
Reaction score
They need a real second guy but there’s no realistic way for them to get one because Porter is too often injured to trade for. Considering we ain’t gonna do shit I would rather them win than the other contenders, so that sucks.

Ripper

Reaction score
The Knicks are giving Mitchell Robinson 60 million while clearing space to over pay Jalen Brunson. They will probably have to trade Cam Reddish to do so.

Cam Reddish who they traded a first round pick for like 4months agao.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
The Knicks are giving Mitchell Robinson 60 million while clearing space to over pay Jalen Brunson.

Was waiting to see if someone else shared this opinion with me. I get the Knicks have to sign someone, but like I'd have to think about whether he would rank in the top half of starting PGs in the league. If Luka wasn't hurt to start that Utah series there is absolutely no chance he'd be getting this money.

I'm interested to see if they make Julius Randle available for trade. I don't think he can be your best player but he's a strong second or third option for a good team imo.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Was waiting to see if someone else shared this opinion with me. I get the Knicks have to sign someone, but like I'd have to think about whether he would rank in the top half of starting PGs in the league. If Luka wasn't hurt to start that Utah series there is absolutely no chance he'd be getting this money.

I'm interested to see if they make Julius Randle available for trade. I don't think he can be your best player but he's a strong second or third option for a good team imo.

I think with Julius Randle, a team trading for him would hope that 2020-21 is the norm and not the outlier, especially the 3 pt.%.

The numbers (salary) aren't awful, but I also think he can become a tricky trade partner. I feel like its mostly a lateral player type trade, because I don't see the Knicks making a move to move him to step backwards with picks.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Dejounte Murray to the Hawks is official, sounds like Gallo and 3 1sts and a draft swap is what it took to get it done.

I think I'm tossing the keys to Quin Snyder if I'm Pop at this point.

Ripper

Reaction score
Well I'll be damned. I didn't allow myself to get hyped up but... He'll yeah. Now we just gotta get rid of Huerter for a sold backup and I like our squad.

Staff member
Reaction score
Congratulations @909 ?

We're going out in the first round as a best case lol.

Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll now Brunson is taking a meeting with the Heat.

Reaction score
I could see Herro for Brunson. Miami wants to get rid of him and Cuban loves the hwhites

Edit: For some reason I thought Herro already signed an extension.

Herro + Robinson

Last edited:

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll now Brunson is taking a meeting with the Heat.
Ridiculous thing about this Brunson situation and why everyone is rightfully roasting the Knicks is they're bending over backwards and flagrantly tampering on main for JALEN BRUNSON. I get doing stuff like this for a potential MVP, guy who could swing a Finals but Jalen Brunson? No disrespect. Good player but you're doing all this for a guy that's ceiling appears to be really solid #2 option? Idgi. If you get him, no one outside of your fanbase is going to get excited. If you don't, it's LOLKNICKS again.

Staff member
Reaction score
The cool thing is he doesn’t have a no trade so they can send him anywhere. Send his bitch ass to Sacramento

Staff member
Reaction score
Windhorst said Kyrie is getting traded too. Only one place to send him and only one guy for them to take in return lol

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
I said this last year amidst the Dame rumors but the Bucks should offer up Khris Middleton + filler and however many draft picks the Nets want. A Giannis/KD/Jrue trio would most definitely win chips.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
Bradley Beal re-signing with Washington 5 yr/$251m
Devin Booker supermax extension with Phoenix 4yr/$214m
Victor Oladipo re-signing with Heat 1y/$11m
Malik Monk to Sacramento 2yr/approx. $20m
Isaiah Hartenstein to New York 2yr/$16m
DeAndre Jordan to Denver
Jokic supermax 5yr/$264 million

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If I'm the Nets, I tell the Suns that Booker has to be in the deal. They have to keep some semblance of leverage in this situation.

Ayton, Bridges, maybe Cam and picks doesn't really do too much with Ben Simmons.