Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

NBA Offseason 2022

Ripper

I'll make your ass sense.
Reaction score
That seems like way too much to give up for Kevin Huerter but I guess I wouldn't expect any different from the SacKings. On the Atlanta side, does this help or hurt their chances at getting KD?
I don't thi k the Hawks can out together a realistic package for him. Best player we could trade is John Collins and if John Collins is the highlight of the package, it ain't happening. And I love Collins.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Gobert to Minny. Didn’t expect that.
Seems weird to me with KAT being there. I know Gobert is defensive minded, while KAT is more offensive and can stretch the floor, but it's uncommon to see two guys of that size on the floor at the same time.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Ugh, so long to any relevancy for the Jazz. Might as well deal Mitchell too and start from scratch.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Eh I’m not as sold on it being a redux of Celtics-Nets.

Garnett was 37, Pierce was 36. Joe Johnson was 32 and DWill was 29.

Ant is what 21, KAT is 27 and Gobert is 30.

I don’t know what this makes the Wolves ceiling but I’m guessing none of those picks will ever be in the Top 10.

And I really hope the Ayton to Utah rumors are unfounded.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
That trade package for Gobert indicates that the only team that has enough picks to send out for Durant might be... Oklahoma City? :oops:

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Liking that the Celtics are bringing in more legitimate scoring pieces behind Tatum/Brown as that was an area they were sorely lacking. Brogdon can take over at PG as a 15-20 PPG player and Gallinari can slide into C role pushing Grant Williams to a better bench role. Marcus Smart fits in better as a 6th Man "spark off the bench" IMO.

Brogdon - Brown - Tatum - Robert Williams - Gallinari as a starting 5 would be really solid. You can also have RW stay as an inside "PF" while Gallinari is more of a wing Center but I think the matchups would benefit both.

Ripper

I'll make your ass sense.
Reaction score
I'll go on record by saying that Gobert trade is horrible for Minnesota.

Gobert is such a terrible fit offensively when you consider the guys like Beasley and Beverly that they gave up. Also... Slashers+Guy that can't score outside of 3 feet is a bad mix. It also makes Kat have to be even more perimeter oriented than before.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'll go on record by saying that Gobert trade is horrible for Minnesota.

Gobert is such a terrible fit offensively when you consider the guys like Beasley and Beverly that they gave up. Also... Slashers+Guy that can't score outside of 3 feet is a bad mix. It also makes Kat have to be even more perimeter oriented than before.
Yeah the NBA moved past the twin towers concept being effective before Isiah Thomas’ run as Knicks GM damn near 20 years ago.

I am sure there is a horrible joke to be made about Twin Towers being made ineffective approximately 20 years ago.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
Yeah the NBA moved past the twin towers concept being effective before Isiah Thomas’ run as Knicks GM damn near 20 years ago.
I still think that the Pelicans' experiment would have worked, if Cousins hadn't blown out his Achilles... Too bad that they couldn't have traded for Mirotic six weeks earlier.

Staff member
Reaction score
The Lakers literally just won a title by doing that. The Denver series being the best example.

The problem is Minnesota doesn’t have good enough shooters and just traded one away. The concept still works.

Broward83

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I am sure there is a horrible joke to be made about Twin Towers being made ineffective approximately 20 years ago.
Isiah was just trying to keep the memories alive.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
Liking that the Celtics are bringing in more legitimate scoring pieces behind Tatum/Brown as that was an area they were sorely lacking. Brogdon can take over at PG as a 15-20 PPG player and Gallinari can slide into C role pushing Grant Williams to a better bench role. Marcus Smart fits in better as a 6th Man "spark off the bench" IMO.

So far it's sounding like Smart is still gonna start with Brogdon as 6th man. My guess is Gallo probably comes off the bench as well

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
How did the Celtics manage to get Brogdon without giving anything up (at least on the surface?) I'd rather have this team in its iteration than a team with KD but missing some of these pieces.

Staff member
Reaction score
How did the Celtics manage to get Brogdon without giving anything up (at least on the surface?) I'd rather have this team in its iteration than a team with KD but missing some of these pieces.

He's injured a lot and the Pacers were salary dumping him.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
From the mid '90s to early '00s, they were a mercenary, win now team that didn't care about the draft. Then from the early '00s until the current front office, they just had an streak of terrible GMs, that seems more fitting for SacKings or TWolves than a team in the biggest city in the country.

Looked up when James Dolan bought the team and wouldn't you know it? 1994! FIX THE KNICKS!

He's injured a lot and the Pacers were salary dumping him.
Even if this is a worst case, IT4 to the Cavs type of scenario, Celtics didn't really give up anything of value. Mayyybe Nesmith could be a decent rotation player eventually, maybe not. Everything is just filler and it clears up a lot of space on the roster to add some veteran minimum guys who maybe can add depth as opposed to dudes I watch at Portland Expo most of the time.

Last edited:

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think it was a fine trade by both teams. Indiana is trying to race towards the bottom, minus their young talent, and Nesmith and Theis aren't going to ruin that.

Boston gave up no one in their playoff rotation so I think this was a worthy gamble.

Reaction score
Definitely a bailout trade but literally no other team wants him so the league needs to blame itself

Staff member
Reaction score
Definitely a bailout trade but literally no other team wants him so the league needs to blame itself

I almost feel bad for Nets fans getting stuck watching that dude for a season but there are none. I understand why the Nets have to do this trade but the Lakers shouldn't be able to trade Westbrook tbh. And I say that as a Lakers fan.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
OK. We’ve definitely seen this movie before.

I can see why KD would be interested in this reset but it seems to go against everything the Warriors have done last few seasons and destroys their long term future.

What say you, @cobainwasmurdered ?

Fact that they let GPII, Otto Porter Jr, and Bjelica go too only makes me speculate over a KD reunion even more.