Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

NBA Regular Season Dec 2020/Jan 2021: The Season Almost Literally Never Stops

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Thunder/Rockets is postponed cause too many players tested positive or haven’t gotten test results back.

Couldn’t get through one day this season without COVID postponing a game. Why oh why did they not do another bubble!?

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I saw a rumor today that a lot of the Rockets players were being disqualified despite negative tests for contract tracing protocols. I did see something pointing the blame for the team’s exposure on Kenyon Martin Jr.

Staff member
Reaction score
Hot take here but the Knicks did a really good job with their rebuild. They just need to not trade anyone.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Knicks have a lot of interesting pieces, I think there are two big things. First would be the need for someone like Barrett to step up and be the guy, which I haven’t been convinced he would do but he seems to have a chip on his shoulder not making an All-Rookie team, so maybe he will.

My other obstacle I see for them is Thibodeau, as I feel like he is a rough fit for the current NBA.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Supposedly James Harden has expanded his trade wish list from Milwaukee, Philadelphia and Brooklyn to include Boston and Portland

I really do not want to see either of those teams ruined for him

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
We all know why Harden really wanted to get cleared for Portland

CjHJXTsXEAAzSWq.jpg

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
The Suns are at the Kings tonight and they showed a sea of cardboard cutouts of former Kings coach Jerry Reynolds, as they are apparently honoring him in Sacramento at halftime tonight,

Nice thought but the visual sea of old white guys just felt too much like a MAGA rally.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hot takes not taken...Baby Shoes mentioning Collin Sexton in the ROH thread reminded me I almost picked the Cleveland Cavaliers as my surprise overperformers. Combination of the backcourt maturing and Andre Drummond wanting to prove he's still an elite center plus Indiana Pacers possibly declining and that entire division being garbage made me think they could pull off a surprise playoff run. But then I remembered it's Cleveland and they could also just as easily be ass then I would get made fun of and/or have to watch anime again.
Bah Gawd. Cavs are off to a 2-0 start. Maybe I should've made a board bet over them although probably not since it seems like there's always at least one shitty team that has a hot first week before falling to reality.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I was really impressed with Anthony Edwards last night in the Jazz game. He looked really strong driving to the hoop and played with a lot of confidence (he was going after Joe Ingles hard when he was guarding him).

I thought Minnesota would finish 14th in the West, if they actually want to defend like they did last night on a regular basis, it will be interesting to see how they play out this year.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I was really impressed with Anthony Edwards last night in the Jazz game. He looked really strong driving to the hoop and played with a lot of confidence (he was going after Joe Ingles hard when he was guarding him).

I thought Minnesota would finish 14th in the West, if they actually want to defend like they did last night on a regular basis, it will be interesting to see how they play out this year.
KAT fractured his wrist and is out indefinitely.

Cavs blowing out the Sixers to continue to try to impress @King Kamala but Kevin Love left the game with a calf injury.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Haha, yeah I may have gotten drunk in the 2nd half and was watching FF on the DVR.....saw that Towns news about 4 minutes after I posted that!

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I remember reports back then of Love being one of the first people to step up when the pandemic started. Him, Zion and Kyrie were some of the ones with the biggest gestures that I remember.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Great that all of those players helped out but interesting to note that I didn't read a single story about one of the billionaire owners stepping in to pay the arena staff's wages.