Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

NBA Regular Season Dec 2020/Jan 2021: The Season Almost Literally Never Stops

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
That's a bummer. Dinwiddie seems like a good dude and I'm still super bitter about the Bulls cutting him and keeping Jerian Grant, Michael Carter Williams, and Isaiah Canaan back in the 16/17 season. Dinwiddie outplayed those guys in the preseason and was an easy choice to keep. He broke out not too long after getting cut.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Seems like a high amount of guys rapidly going down this year. Ja Morant hurt his ankle and left the court in a wheelchair tonight...

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Man, now if the MRI results don’t come back with “needed to dump”, I am going to be very lost.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Along with Becky Hammon’s coaching debut, there were a couple other cool milestones last night.

Lebron has his 1,000th consecutive game with double digit points. Hitting 1000 puts him way ahead of anyone else. He passed Jordan a couple seasons ago so Michael sits in second place at 866.

Another interesting one that is a little more forced stat, Trae Young had his 24th career game with 30 points and 10 assists. The only player with more games like that before their 23rd birthday was Oscar Robertson.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If anyone had Washington as the team projected to be good that is terrible you win. Bulls just beat them twice. Russ and Beal don't mesh at all. Russ can get all the triple doubles he wants, but his style doesn't win basketball games anymore and his shooting is atrocious. That said, his play is gonna lead to a lot of losses and they should have a high pick.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
"Any more"? Didn't the Thunder finish as, like, a sixth seed, the season he got MVP? Was his style ever conducive to winning basketball games?

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm mostly a homer that follows the Bulls and I'm not a die hard NBA guy that knows everyone's playoff records off the top of my head which makes me not great at NBA analysis and discussion. I don't follow the career of Russell Westbrook but Washington has started 0-5. I think there were fans that thought they would be better than that.

I usually just write shit off the top of my head and I wasn't really thinking with the "anymore".

Last edited:

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
I feel like they could have found someone better than Tristan Thompson for that last PF slot

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Shouldn't Patrick Ewing be on here?

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I was going to say while Ewing was born in Jamaica, he played for Team USA but Olajuwon ended up playing for Team USA on Dream Team 3

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Chandler Hutchison is the latest player to test positive for Coronavirus.

Don’t think it was talked about here earlier but Nuggets are out Michael Porter Jr. a few games, who is out due to contract tracing protocol.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
Yeah, if we're assuming these guys are in their primes, Yao and Jokic should both be over Gasol. I'd probably flip Ibaka and KP, as well

EDIT: Also Detlef and Peja

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
FWIW, the team I ended up deciding on was Luka, Drazen, Deng, Giannis and Yao. Ideally I'd want to start building around Hakeem, of course, but it came down to wanting the floor a little more open instead of two guys primarily stationed in the post.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
Last night Carmelo Anthony passed Tim Duncan for 14th on the all-time scoring list. At his current pace he would finish the season in 9th place, provided he doesn't miss any games which I would say is unlikely

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
FWIW, the team I ended up deciding on was Luka, Drazen, Deng, Giannis and Yao. Ideally I'd want to start building around Hakeem, of course, but it came down to wanting the floor a little more open instead of two guys primarily stationed in the post.

I went Nash, Marciulionis, Deng, Jokic, Olajuwon.

Would love to see the passing and I think Deng and Hakeem would have made up any defensive problems.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Knicks and Pacers looked good in the games I watched tonight. Pacers really pulled the win out of their ass.

Reaction score
This is crazy. I fell asleep like in the 3rd quarter and was surprised when I woke up cause they were losing after they came back. Love the resiliency.