Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

NBA Regular Season Dec 2020/Jan 2021: The Season Almost Literally Never Stops

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I feel like out of all those guys, Pierce and Malone were the guys with the most left in the tank with those teams. Iverson was out of there too quick to know.

Shaq had flashes in Boston but had been done.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Lol, I didn't even notice the jerseys...

I'm gonna have to go with Team B. Iverson played what, 3 games for Memphis? McGrady only played in the postseason for the Spurs.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I feel like out of all those guys, Pierce and Malone were the guys with the most left in the tank with those teams. Iverson was out of there too quick to know.

Shaq had flashes in Boston but had been done.
People forget that Mailman carried the Lakers for stretches of that '03-'04 season.

Paul Pierce's Clippers season was odd as hell. He got a ton of DNPs and my only really memory of it is last game in Boston on Super Bowl Sunday where he drained a couple of threes in garbage time while everyone went nuts. I even went to Philly to see a Clippers-Sixers game cause I knew I'd never be able to afford to see that Celtics game and Pierce didn't even travel with the team LOL. (It was $1 pretzel night AND M. Night Shymalan Night at Sixers so not a total loss...)

I'd go with Team B as well. Like Malone with Lakers, I feel like KG with Brooklyn still had a small to moderate amount of gas left in the tank. Shaq was totally washed but still competent with the Celtics. And Houston Melo and Cleveland DWade were just poorly used as evidenced by Melo's Blazers run and DWade's return to Miami. Only guy that was completely cooked and in "keep getting them checks" mode was Steve Nash (poor guy really wanted to not be in that mode in his Lakers run). Whereas Team A, I would say everybody but Malone was completely cooked.

Cause I'm me, first thing I notice in photo is Gary Payton (presumably loudly) talking to an arena worker. 2nd thing is wondering if that's Jason Bateman two seats away from him (probably trying to zone out Gary Payton's loud talking).

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Another good stat I heard this weekend. The Pistons are 5-15. Their wins are against Boston, Phoenix, Miami, Philadelphia and the Lakers.