Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

News That Doesn't Warrant a Thread 2024

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
We'd get one of those a week every winter in Boston.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
...and every single American citizen would be able to afford one if progressive tax policies were put into play and corporations actually had to pay their laborers fair wages.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
New York Times fired one of their journalists for tweeting something moderately positive about Biden's inauguration.

I can see why, in these hyper divisive and partisan times, NYT wants to stand as a beacon for people looking for centrist/non partisan type journalism. However, like I said in the Jeopardy! thread, I think the events of 1-6 were a line in the sand moment. It's not about being partisan and it's being anti fascist and anti racist. I mean, GOD FORBID, their journalists are feeling a great sense of relief that the president who openly wished harm on everyone in their profession is gone.

And doesn't NYT owners know that everybody already fucking assumes most of their journalists are left wing?

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
New York Times fired one of their journalists for tweeting something moderately positive about Biden's inauguration.

I can see why, in these hyper divisive and partisan times, NYT wants to stand as a beacon for people looking for centrist/non partisan type journalism. However, like I said in the Jeopardy! thread, I think the events of 1-6 were a line in the sand moment. It's not about being partisan and it's being anti fascist and anti racist. I mean, GOD FORBID, their journalists are feeling a great sense of relief that the president who openly wished harm on everyone in their profession is gone.

And doesn't NYT owners know that everybody already fucking assumes most of their journalists are left wing?
This makes me so angry. Can’t someone have chills when Biden gets inaugurated? That’s up there with one of the worst reasons I’ve ever heard for firing someone. I hope NYT gets raked for what they did to her, and I hope this poor reporter gets a job at a media outlet that doesn’t suck.

This is like ignoring reality to kiss conservative ass in the spirit of “both sides” trash. I’m glad I don’t work in the media, that shit sounds awful.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Well. Still very good precedent, I guess. And also a sobering reminder how much of an ignorant American jack ape I am----I didn't realize the UK called their final court of appeal the Supreme Court too. I just assumed they called it something else. Bloody plonker!