Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

News That Doesn't Warrant a Thread 2024

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score

Big shooting at a Subway station in Brooklyn this morning. I hope all over NY CXFers are safe.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
It is now illegal to be homeless in Tennessee (pending Gov. signing it):

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

this could go in about 10 different threads so I just ended up putting it here. Disney is an evil mega-corp but DeSantis is going after them because they dared to (far too late) oppose his Don't Say Gay bullshit and are generally seen as being an Evil Liberal company by the Right (which lol).

Picking a fight with one of the biggest companies in the world and one of the most important employers in Florida seems crazy but the world is insane so it'll probably work.

He also is backing Elon Musk's fight against twitter https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/ron-desantis-elon-musk-twitter-b2060991.html just to add to all the fuckery

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Yeah. I'm really torn on this, because Disney is right to argue it and DeSantis is a pustule upon the face of democracy, but I also hate megacorps, sooooo...

Interesting thing to note, though, is that the land that DeSantis is threatening to reclaim are paid, 100%, by Disney. Meaning that all public works will be on the Florida taxpayers' dime if this pushes through, costing millions for the state annually. Great thinking, Ronjamin.