Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

NFL 2024 Week 3: Won't Somebody Think of the OL?

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
week-3-nfl-schedule.png

Coaches are already getting on the hot(ter) seat. Injuries are mounting for multiple teams, rookie QBs are struggling behind patchy OL, and the passing game is in its death throes (thanks, Vic Fangio!)

In a big blow, Patriots LB Ja'whuan Bentley is out for the season with a pec tear while the Dolphins placed Tua on IR as expected.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Vita Vea is expected to get an MRI regarding his MCL sprain and may be out a while.

Rams signed WR Quintez Cephus to their practice squad.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Brevin Jordan tore his ACL for Houston and he's out for the year. Bears signed WR John Jackson III to replace DE Jamree Kromah, who was signed to New England's practice squad.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
I haven’t been watching this season but as a fan of 90s clock running smash mouth football, I’m curious about this one. Can you expand please, sir
Short, brief answer is the Cover 2 looks that Fangio brought back invite the running game to attack and force the passes out to the flats. There's also more zone coverage and less reliance on man coverage so certain routes (e.g. crossers, in cuts, slants, etc.) become more prominent because QBs can't go down the field as much with verticals or deep over the middle thanks to the Safety or dropping LB. Tie that with rookie QBs and general bad QB play and we're seeing the lowest passing yardage numbers since I think it was 2000.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
Shane Waldron over here shaking again calling his 4th failed rushing attempt at the goal line. One of the worst offenses I've seen in a while from Chicago.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Eagles go into halftime down 3-0 because they don't go for the FG on 4th & 1, instead doing a handoff to Barkley who goes wide left and promptly gets stuffed. I hope the Saints win by 3 now. These coaches have circled from "be more aggressive" to just full on moronic no awareness of field position/points.