Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

NFL Week 11 2021: Who's the Dominant Team?

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Lot of varying team abilities week to week right now. Who are your top 5 teams?

week-11-nfl-schedule.png

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Harley's Top 5 Teams

#1: Tennessee Titans (8-2). Missing Derrick Henry but Tannehill has proven in the past he can get hot and carry a team. They have an easy schedule, nasty defense that's stout against the run, and are turnover prolific. The team to beat IMO.
#2: Green Bay Packers (8-2). Since Week 4, only 2 teams have scored 20+ points (Cincy, Arizona) against their defense and Rodgers has the ability to keep up in any shootout. Dillon is a beast of a RB and even without Aaron Jones, I think they are Super Bowl potential challengers.
#3: Buffalo Bills (6-3). A very Jekyll/Hyde team in that they can be dominant on both sides of the ball and look like they'll runaway in the AFC but then give up 34 points to Tennessee or bafflingly lose to Jacksonville and muster just 6 points. They also have a quietly tough stretch with NE, @Tampa Bay, Carolina, then @New England that could test their mettle.
#4: Arizona Cardinals (8-2). Very easy schedule and a healthy Kyler Murray boosts them higher. The defense is susceptible to the run and I'm not sold that Arizona can come from behind offensively against a good playoff team. Also if Kyler goes out again to injury, can the team rally around a Colt McCoy?
#5: Dallas Cowboys (7-3). Very hard team to beat when they generate turnovers on defense and get ahead early to dominate against the pass. They have a few interesting games against KC and Arizona that could prove if their defense is for real.

Zetterberg is God

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Good test this week. Guessing they’ll sell out to stop Taylor and hopefully that goes better than it did against Tennessee.

Sex Machine Gun

Kotzenjunge
Reaction score
How dare Atlanta get shut out in those sweet uniforms. They fucked up by having the modern flat black helmets instead of going whole hog on the retro look.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
New England won handily and have officially matched last year's win total. Some of the issues of the earlier games this season popped up again (settling for several FGs in the red zone area, penalties on big plays made down the field, inconsistent OL play leading to Mac getting hurried/killed on several plays).

Zetterberg is God

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It’s kind of a relief honestly that the Bills are frauds. What an embarrassing game. Circa 2007 garbage.

Staff member
Reaction score
I hate that I love something so much I can't let it go even when repeatedly getting fucked like this. It's like a personal character flaw. I don't wanna hear anyone except Jets and Lions fans ever complain about their organization again. Those are the only other two fan groups that know what this is like.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Even considering the bottomless pit of Lion's Thanksgiving game standards, Bears/Lions this Thursday has to be the worst game in Thanksgiving history.

Raiders/Cowboys isn't that bad I guess although the Raiders seem to be on a tailspin.

Billls/Saints is actually a huge game for the Bills

Zetterberg is God

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I hate that I love something so much I can't let it go even when repeatedly getting fucked like this. It's like a personal character flaw. I don't wanna hear anyone except Jets and Lions fans ever complain about their organization again. Those are the only other two fan groups that know what this is like.
Bro.

Staff member
Reaction score

Nope I would take your last few seasons over any the Raiders have had in almost 20 years. You have a good QB who can win even though he’s playing like a dumbass. We don’t have one and only had one for one season when three teams gave away all world linemen for nothing. This one season also led us to still have this bum five seasons later…and to not even make it to week 12 ever before the team falls apart.

There’s no end in sight to the Raiders being like this. The Bills have had a plan. The Raiders did not and do not and likely will not. The Bills can fix their problems in one winter. It will take the Raiders three or four more at least to do that. This team has been good one time since I started high school and I’m almost 34 years fuckin old. By the time they’re good enough to win the division I will be in my 40s at least.

Staff member
Reaction score
Also, when the Raiders had a first rounder to get excited about, they killed someone. I got you guys beat on this one

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
yeah the bills have a brighter future and I don't think this season is lost yet.

With that being said, even though the soups are ancient history at least your org has a few.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The Raiders last won the Super Bowl 38 years ago. They've been to 1 since and were blown out. Nearly four decades is a long drought for sure.

The Dolphins haven't been to a SB in 37 years and haven't won one in nearly 50. I would add them as well

Obviously the Browns and Lions have had it worse since they've never been to a Soup and are original teams.

Cards have only been to 1.

Jags and Texans are expansion teams that have never went

Sex Machine Gun

Kotzenjunge
Reaction score
I certainly can't complain of the misery discussed here but I'm still mad about losing to the goddamn Vikings. At least the offense finally woke up after being M.I.A. for the last several weeks for one reason or another

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
The Raiders last won the Super Bowl 38 years ago. They've been to 1 since and were blown out. Nearly four decades is a long drought for sure.

The Dolphins haven't been to a SB in 37 years and haven't won one in nearly 50. I would add them as well

Obviously the Browns and Lions have had it worse since they've never been to a Soup and are original teams.

Cards have only been to 1.

Jags and Texans are expansion teams that have never went
Those titles still look good in the trophy case fam

Staff member
Reaction score
Those titles still look good in the trophy case fam

They don't mean anything when the fan was still in their dads nuts. A person can't claim that shit.

Plus, like I said, one of these other teams best players didn't straight up murder someone. We finally had someone who can get scores from that position and they killed someone. Like they traded guys who could score to get in a position to draft cheaper players and get them under team favorable contracts for a few years and they killed someone. That's the kind of shit you can't make up.

Lost in the happy comments about the team's good start was that all their defensive contributions except for one guy were coming from free agents who probably won't be on the team next season. When a team goes to shit you start to notice those kinds of things. They have five guys from this decent defense under contract for next year and one of them sucks. None of those players under contract are corners so you can see where this is going next season. The only corner we do have under contract is great when he ain't hurt, which isn't very often.

In the NFL, when you do a rebuild and fuck up your draft picks, but you still did enough to compete, and then something happens to derail it, that sets your team back three years. Like at least three years. The Raiders are stuck in that spot where everyone on the team isn't in the same winning window, everyone's different ages, and because they keep botching draft picks and wasting them on dudes who kill people, they can't get out of it. This has turned into one of those soul destroying reality check seasons. They have a GM who needs to be fired because he can't do a good job and was picked by the last coach. They have a coaching situation that will lead to full scale changes, so the team will have literally no continuity. And they have a QB with one year left on their deal, who they would be crazy to give more money to.

I wouldn't be too pissed off if they hired Doug Pederson tbh. That guy got a raw deal coaching a team where he was given players that were literally always injured. But man, I'm sick of this team fucking losing. These last two losses were backbreaking ones too. It felt like the team didn't even compete and especially today they lost to a team I thought they were better than. I don't know what Raiders fans did to deserve this.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Just throwing this out there but the Seattle Seahawks will have the same record as the Chicago Bears and (probably) the New York Giants...

Carroll really fucked up in not getting a legitimate RB after Marshawn Lynch retired. They've been hanging onto the oft-injured Chris Carson for reasons I don't understand, Rashaad Penny's been a straight bust, and Alex Collins is a rotational guy propped up by Baltimore's OL before he came to Seattle.

Seattle quietly has had some awful offensive drafts recently outside of taking DK Metcalf because they emphasize defense and offensive line so much and opt for the Green Bay Packers approach of taking RBs/WRs in the 4th Round on. The problem is that Russell Wilson isn't Aaron Rodgers and Carroll's offensive schemes can't highlight the skillsets of those players like Green Bay does.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score

Broncos signed Courtland Sutton to a four-year contract extension worth up to $60.8 million. Sutton's deal comes with $34.9 million guaranteed.

Aero

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Just throwing this out there but the Seattle Seahawks will have the same record as the Chicago Bears and (probably) the New York Giants...

Carroll really fucked up in not getting a legitimate RB after Marshawn Lynch retired. They've been hanging onto the oft-injured Chris Carson for reasons I don't understand, Rashaad Penny's been a straight bust, and Alex Collins is a rotational guy propped up by Baltimore's OL before he came to Seattle.

Seattle quietly has had some awful offensive drafts recently outside of taking DK Metcalf because they emphasize defense and offensive line so much and opt for the Green Bay Packers approach of taking RBs/WRs in the 4th Round on. The problem is that Russell Wilson isn't Aaron Rodgers and Carroll's offensive schemes can't highlight the skillsets of those players like Green Bay does.

Not to mention, they invested two first round picks, including (currently) a top 10 next year, for Jamal Adams, and now have to pay him the next several years. The Jets still have to actually hit on next year's pick, but with the returns looking good on Alijah Vera-Tucker, this trade is trending toward being a massive win for the Jets.

Staff member
Reaction score
The Giants have too many good components on offense to be this bad. They don't have a good OL but the QB misses wide open guys and throws bad picks constantly.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I know it's under contract every team gets at least 1 national game but please stop putting the Giants in prime time.

10(!) consecutive losses on national games