Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

NFL Week 4 2023: Can Denver Allow 70 Again?

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
week-4-nfl-schedule.png

Denver does play Justin Fields who is totally gonna play his game on the field this week... right?

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Denver Vs Chicago is a strong strong early contender for the Sicko Bowl.

Also I am guessing the media coverage for Chiefs-Jets will be almost annoying as coverage for any 2023 Colorado Buffaloes football game.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'll take Old Dawg Russ and Sean Payton over Justin Fields and whoever the boob is coaching Da Bears.

Something for Athletics fans (whoever is left after this season) to look forward to!

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Some good news for GB as WR Christian Watson is expected to make his season debut tonight.

Sex Machine Gun

Kotzenjunge
Reaction score
At least we got a ring out of Capers.

What a fucking awful loss. Now we have as much time as possible until the next game to figure this out and maybe cast a healing spell on Elgton Jenkins and Jaire.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
About time although anything more than 1 game is still really stupid IMO considering the constant advertising...

"The NFL is changing its gambling policy, including reducing the penalty for prior violations from a six-game suspension to a four-game suspension, league sources said Friday.

The NFL is also modifying the gambling policy moving forward. Non-NFL betting in the workplace or while working will now carry a two-game suspension, with the second offense being six games."

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
There is no reason Denver can't beat Chicago by over 2 touchdowns.

Chicago has all backups in the secondary and can't stop the run.

Denver will get less boos in Chicago than the Bears will.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
The RAIDAHS are gonna be starting Aidan O'Connell at QB. It's believed RB Austin Ekeler, WR Mike Williams, DE Joey Bosa, and S Derwin James will all be out for the Chargers so this could be a potentially winnable game for Las Vegas.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
Sounding like Chase Claypool is going to be a healthy scratch this week for Chicago. He was trashing the Bears usage of himself in the media this week. He doesn't like being used as a blocker. Bears are going to activate Equanimeous St Brown, who actually is a good and willing blocker.

So glad we traded the 32nd overall pick in the 2023 draft to have this bum on the team.

Let's look back at notable players Chicago could have drafted:
CB Joey Porter Jr (32nd PIT)
OG/OC Steve Avila (36 LAR)
OG Matthrw Bergeron (38 ATL)
WR Jonathan Mingo (39 CAR) same measureables as Claypool
OC Joe Tippman (43 NYJ)
CB Julius Brents (44 IND)
S Brian Branch (45 DET)

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
I'll be shocked if GM Ryan Poles doesnt get fired after the season. There's the argument that Justin Fields isn't his guy at QB and he should get a shot to draft one. All of "his guys" that he's brought in have been worse than the guys left over from Ryan Pace's roster.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
Alright this Denver defense is beyond pitiful.

Giving up 70 pts didnt prove that. Giving up 3 first half TDs to the Bears and Justin Fields going 11 for 11 does.

Zetterberg is God

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I’m with Mickey. Did not see that performance coming but maybe and hopefully week 1 was a wake up call. Allen has been an MVP candidate since.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Is it too early to put the Bears on 0-17 watch? I guess they are playing the Raiders in a few weeks. If Chicago wins that, I feel like CWM should call in a wellness check on 909.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
The Bears had a 21 point lead with less than a minute to go in the 3rd quarter and lost the game in regulation. Damn impressive.
I was watching a Bears "watch party" on youtube before bed and it was funny/sad that at 14-7 they were so excited they were debating if the Bears could rattle off 4 out of the next 5 and get in the division race.

Staff member
Reaction score
Is it too early to put the Bears on 0-17 watch? I guess they are playing the Raiders in a few weeks. If Chicago wins that, I feel like CWM should call in a wellness check on 909.
We're at the point where I hope we tank.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
holy shit there is someone sitting behind Taylor Swift at the game wearing an Ultimate Warrior shirt! Sadly it's not Hugh Jackman, Ryan Reynolds or Blake Lively