Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Catch all NJPW of/in America thread

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I guess they didn't want to blow Mox Vs Jay White Title Vs Title right away plus David Finlay Vs Jay White is a damn strong match in its own right.

I wonder what Mox does on the show. Maybe team up with Shooter against Team Filthy? Idk

Staff member
Reaction score
NJPW STRONG is making its fan attended debut on August 14th at The L.A. Coliseum*

*I was like "Why the eff is NJPW STRONG running a 100,000 coliseum!?" but it sounds like a Daily's Place type situation, where it's a 10,000 seat ampitheater that is adjacent to the Coliseum...which still seems way too ambitious for NJPW but more reasonable especially if Mox and Jay White are going to be there but Lio Rush is also pictured in the ad and he retired a month ago so who the frig knows?[/spoiler]

cc @909

Yeah that's my mom's birthday and I can't go lol.

Staff member
Reaction score
Also tbh I've seen literally almost all these guys work in great matches besides, so it isn't that big of a deal that I can't go. I'll get the next time.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It'd still be cool to see pro wrestling at the base of the L.A Coliseum. It's probably the first time a wrestling card has been held there in 50 years.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Oh man! I will mark the frig out if Mox and Coach Taguchi do stereo hip attacks on those bald headed oafs.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I thought it was a curious decision to do their first set of STRONG road tapings in a market that NJPW bombed pretty hard in (while using their full roster) for the G1 Climax kickoff show back in 2019.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This card stomps ass tbh. Brody King Vs Ishii! Josh Barnett's in ring return to NJPW! This makes up for @909 missing Bloodsport!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
NJPW STRONG is debuting in Chicago in April.

Sounds like it'll be another PP---er premium televiswed live event.