Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

No Hot Dogs, No Handshakes, No Point? 2022 Independent Wrestling Thread

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If they don’t do a spot with Bully shitting on Texas Roadhouse in favor of Longhorn, then this fuck doesnt want real heat.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I feel like this is one case where a major promotion would book a match better than an indie. AEW or even WWE would probably be smart enough to know it should be the ex Wyatts mauling the annoying New Yorkers in less than three minutes. NEW is probably gonna make this match 10-15 minutes for no reason.

Dandy

Reaction score
If they don’t do a spot with Bully shitting on Texas Roadhouse in favor of Longhorn, then this fuck doesnt want real heat.
Forget hitting a planted stunt granny in the front row with a “steel” chair, *that* would start a thermonuclear heat of a riot amongst most in the KY/WV/OH tri-state area.

Dandy

Reaction score
I don’t want to make this all about overhyped chain restaurants in my area but you can expect a line for days at Texas Roadhouse and Chik-Fil-A here. It’s absurd. And people throw around, “best steak anywhere on the planet” and mean it. Laughable and scary.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I've never eaten at Texas Roadhouse or Longhorn.

I kind of like Outback. Never had their steak, though

JHawk

Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
Reaction score
Texas Roadhouse is fine but I prefer Outback personally.

Don't think I've ever had Longhorn

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Longhorn is better than Outback. By a country mile.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
GCW needs a weekly show, even if it's just done "newswire" style with highlights of matches and building up what's happening on the next show(s). A PPV-only company can only garner so many viewers, whereas a TV product used to sell the PPV events can increase that number.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Double J didn't mention TV. At least not in that quote. Maybe he did in the interview it's taken from. And yeah, I think whoever establishes themselves at #3 will be the company that is the strongest touring company. Right now I think that's GCW's strongest argument as to why they're the current #3. They consistently have 2 to 4 live shows a month. They even semi-regularly toured in 2020...which might not have been a great idea but whatever.

I think a little bit more buzz and exposure (and help from Southern Gothic Double J?), they could easily be doing shows every weekend. Tbh, there's even a long long shot that a strong touring company could start to challenge the big two with WWE and AEW, with WWE rumored to be winding down their touring operations and AEW not seeming to be in a rush to start them.

Another reason IMO that GCW has an argument to be #3 (beyond Daddy Jeff's involvement) is that they have a loyal, distinct audience. There are pockets of hardcore Impact fans and even current ROH fans but they aren't nearly as vocal as GCW's fanbase.

And I think success as a #3 in 2022 look a lot different than success as a #3 in 1992 or even 2012. Will there be a #3 on the level of ECW in the late '90s or even ESPN era AWA? Probably not (@BruiserBrody affirmative grunt) but it doesn't mean that someone can't develop a decent audience or possibly make some money (Derisive @BruiserBrody snort). Look how many TV series are on right now that are in their fourth or fifth season that none of us have heard of let alone watch.

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
I subscribed to IWTV, kind of a shame I didn't earlier. Saves me the FOMO on the indy cards that require driving to New Jersey or the opposite end of Philadelphia.

Attended the Pocono Slam Fest last weekend. Met Deonna Purrazzo, Santana Garrett, Bob Backlund, Jimmy Hart, Doc Gallows, Mercedes Martinez, Tasha Steelz, Mike Bennett, Maria. Mercedes Martinez was THE nicest person, I swear. Skipped Kurt Angle. $50 is steep for a photo op, even if he is an olympic hero.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
I subscribed to IWTV, kind of a shame I didn't earlier. Saves me the FOMO on the indy cards that require driving to New Jersey or the opposite end of Philadelphia.

Attended the Pocono Slam Fest last weekend. Met Deonna Purrazzo, Santana Garrett, Bob Backlund, Jimmy Hart, Doc Gallows, Mercedes Martinez, Tasha Steelz, Mike Bennett, Maria. Mercedes Martinez was THE nicest person, I swear. Skipped Kurt Angle. $50 is steep for a photo op, even if he is an olympic hero.

Did you do month to month or the yearly? I've been doing yearly for the past 5 or 6 years. Instead of $9.99/month it's $100/year, so I'm saving $20 a year on it.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
It's well worth the price. Getting 2-3 live shows a week, sometimes more depending how busy the weekend is, plus the library, it's worth much more than $9.99. You picked a good time to start, too. They're debuting The Masked Wrestler Season 2 tonight at 7pm. Last season was really fun.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Limitless Wrestling’s closed studio era taping series “The Road” is now streaming for free on Pluto TV. For anyone who wants a glimpse of Maine indie wrestling and doesn’t want to pony up for an IWTV subscription.