Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

NXT Two Point... Oh No What Are We Ever Going To Do???

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
Yeah, I can't see this show drawing at all. Its particularly bizzare they decided to use AAC as the location instead of much smaller intimate venues which would be more ideal for this one, all things considered. Unless they bring in tons of main roster talent (which may happen since there will only be so many spots on the Mania card) this isn't going to do well.

Based on Vengeance Day, the potential lineup for the show (unless they do these matches before S&D on regular TV) appears to be:

Ziggler vs Bron possibly, or a three way w/ Ciampa
Creed Bros vs Imperium
Solo Sikoa vs Walter
Women's Dusty Cup winner (I'll just take a swing that its Cora Jade & Raquel Gonzales) vs Toxic Attraction
Mandy Rose vs ????

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think there's enough hardcore WWE fans traveling to Dallas-Fort Worth that they'll probably be able to draw at least 5-10k to the AAC and have it not look totally embarassing. Also there's fact that they haven't had a live NXT show in two+ years. They really should have hedged their bets though and guaranteed an at or at least near capacity crowd and ran the convention center where they ran the first TakeOver: Dallas (which has a capacity of 9,294 according to Wikipedia).

I don't think it'll be as much of a disaster attendance wise as the G1 Kickoff at the AAC but I'd be less surprised at a turnout like that than a sellout!

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
I think the key also will be to be mindful on the ticket prices for this event (especially if they intentionally dont load it up with "outside" (main roster) talent. Even to get a respectable turnout, you gotta offer reasonable prices to get in for this one.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
It's bullshit we won't get DIY vs Dirty Dawgs. Ten stars all thrown away.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Dcgtm2MWsAASC33.jpg

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Them cakes can't be hidden, but the vinyl bondage suit and the torn fishnet body stockings aren't very flattering.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm surprised WWE's doing a character that this is openly horny in 2022.

Also @Valeyard , we are getting DIRTY DAWGS Vs Tomasso Ciampa & BRON BREAKKER next week.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Triple H was back at the WWE PC this week and NXT had its highest rating in eight months*

* I wonder how much of that was due to "Wait. Vince McMahon isn't going to show up on this show too, is he?"

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
NXT 2.0 is DEAD. They switched the logo back to something closer to the original logo.

Sorry for anyone who enjoyed WWE's attempt at recapturing a '90s Nickelodeon vibe.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
I do hope that along with the needed cosmetic change, the tone of the show improves. I see it slowly starting to get better week by week, the pace has shifted a bit and its not so heavy with bad vignettes and backstage segments with bad scripted verbiage. It feels like there is an attempt to focus on strengths more instead of just throwing everything on the wall too.

I think at this point, maybe creating a seperate roster for main roster NXT versus developmental NXT Level Up stuff in a more focused way would be ideal. Talent like Lash Legend, as an example, could fuck off and be demoted to (Never) Level Up without hesitation.

I'm certainly intuiged by the title switch last night too, that was an out of the blue surprise I didn't expect, but yet not sure how that will impact the NXT brand.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, it's weird that Solo Sikoa wins an NXT title, a week and a half after debuting on the main roster. I wonder if it's solely so he can have a belt like the rest of the Bloodline?

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
Yeah, it's weird that Solo Sikoa wins an NXT title, a week and a half after debuting on the main roster. I wonder if it's solely so he can have a belt like the rest of the Bloodline?
That has to be the plan, which isnt a bad idea.....but I do wonder how often he will then appear on NXT weekly? Taking it a step further, will we be seeing members of the Bloodline appear on NXT TV?

It felt a bit booked on the fly, but I like the idea behind it.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
I think its time for Trick and Carmelo to move on up pretty soon, but I think they shouldnt rush it either with so much stuff happening right now on the main roster. I would have him move to the Raw brand in time though, maybe in a few months? He's turning into a guy I'd consider an NXT draw of sorts, in terms of a talent to keep and focus on in the upper card of the brand. Especially with the changeover coming (next week?) I'd keep him on for a bit until they get some proverbial ducks in a row here.

When he gets called up, you just know they will probably do a best of series between Melo and Ricochet. That World Collide match was fire!