Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Official SLEAZE AND POOR PAY AND SLUTS Thread

Super Leather

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm cracking up at how many little kid Corporal Kirchner fans(?) we have here. Were we all temporarily brainwashed by the Reagan era as small children?

Dandy

Reaction score
You underestimate the number of parents that bought any LJN figure available on the shelf when Hogan wasn’t available. And the number of kids that wanted them all.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Don't want to shit up the indy thread with more talk of that (literal?) Onita/Tremont dumpster fire. So after Terra Callaway tried to claim yesterday that H2O had absolutely no idea that RF would be at the show (despite him being Onita's US agent and there being pictures of RF and Tremont chilling at the show) and that if they tried to get him to leave Onita would walk and ruin the show, Onita's US handler CHAINSAW TONY responded.

Apparently, RF was only there to help Mrs. Onita with the Japanese to US currency exchange rate and would've left if someone told him to. ALSO apparently, Onita got less than half of his money and Matt Tremont kept most of the gate money to keep from getting evicted from his wrestling school/apartment.

Once again, it's almost as if these death match wrestlers have poor judgment.

At any rate, I really hope Matt Tremont didn't refund Bix that $90. :confused:

Found out a little bit more about this. Alex Colon, one of the top deathmatch wrestlers in the world, has a Podcast on the GCW patreon, and he talked a bit about this. Onita knew about RF being there as he’s the main person Onita works with in America. Colon basically shit on Onita and his business practices. He more or less said that Tremont was in the right here, and Onita will do whatever he can to make himself look good over anyone else.

JHawk

Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
Reaction score
You underestimate the number of parents that bought any LJN figure available on the shelf when Hogan wasn’t available. And the number of kids that wanted them all.
I actually bought mine within the past few years because I want all of them for my collection. I don't know if I ever saw it on the shelves.

I do remember as a kid having to get my Hogan in the tag team pack with Hillbilly Jim because I literally never saw it by itself in a store

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Hindenburg_disaster.jpg

Valeyard

Reaction score
Reminds me of the glory days when a specific segment of wrestling writer insisted scummy fans would chant ECW at ground zero.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm surprised that @BruiserBrody didn't post about the revelation on a recent episode of Talk is Jericho that Abdullah The Butcher is illiterate and that's allegedly the only reason he lost that lawsuit against carny scum Hannibal.

or maybe Brod did post about and I ignored it. Idk. I might have to go back and listen to this episode.

"Wow. That's crazy. You know you don't need to be able to read to tell that Omaha Steaks provides the best deals on steak, chicken, seafood, and all of your carnivore needs. Abby himself would surely love to slice into a delicious and affordable porterhouse or filet mignon..."

tbh Onita looks pretty dang good for a 64 year old death match wrestler so I'm not even sure if this is the last time he dupes a promoter into flying him to the USA another time.
Hey. I predicted something else right. Go figure.

Last edited:

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I realize Abdullah Vs Hannibal is the Alien Vs Predator of wrestling carnies.

I'm kind of surprised that Chris Jericho's BS detector wasn't set off but then I remembered it's Chris Jericho.

Also if Abby's so strapped for cash then how the hell does he have a personal assistant!?

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
So backtracking on Abby, how can be he so financially desolute if he (as far as I know) still has his BBQ joint in Atlanta?

FWIW, I went there Mania 27 week and it was quite the shithole, but the food was alright. Abby was there giving photo ops being forked by him, of course for an additional price!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'd like to know more about that period of Savage's life from like '99 till '04 or whenever he left public life. It just seems very very odd that a control freak like Macho Man would become a libertine, getting hopped up on blow and MDMA (allegedly) and dating strippers. I suppose that's how mid life crises work sometimes.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I'd like to know about that period of Savage's life from like '99 till '04 or whenever he left public life. It just seems very very odd that a control freak like Macho Man would become a libertine, getting hopped up on blow and MDMA (allegedly) and dating strippers. I suppose that's how mid life crises work sometimes.

I can believe it because as you said, midlife crisis. You need to throw in his rap album during that period as well.

Savage seemed to get back on track in the last years of his life quietly remarrying a woman his own age, getting deeper into voice acting and patching things up with WWE. He just lived a peaceful life and didn't want to be bothered.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
His death is still just so sad to me cause it's really hard to sense if he knew how beloved he was in the wrestling community. It's great that he got to a point though where he probably didn't really care though. I bet had he lived he would have reconciled with WWE in the next year or two.

Although maybe if Macho Man hadn't died so suddenly, WWE wouldn't have been so quick to reconcile with Bruno and Ultimate Warrior.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I thought Savage had patched things up prior to his death. He did work on one of their video games. Maybe it wasn't a full blown makeup but as you said, if he hadn't, he was definitely close to doing so. I think that's how it went with Warrior to. He did work on one of the video games then was inducted into the HOF.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I was jokingly going to ask if Bruno made any video game appearances but he WAS in WWE 2k14. That was after he reconciled though.

It's hard to imagine anyone playing video games in 2013 wanting to play as Bruno Sammartino but maybe there were some old dads who pressured their kids into picking him. "C'mon! Billy! Bruno's way better than Ryback! He was champion for eight years!"

Last edited:

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
You alluded to it but I do wonder how many stories about latter-day Savage are actually true. It's sad he's not here to refute them. The only people who kept in contact with him during this time were Gorgeous George and Lanny Poffo it looks like.

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
I was jokingly going to ask if Bruno made any video game appearances but he WAS in WWE 2k14. That was after he reconciled though.

It's hard to imagine anyone playing video games in 2013 wanting to play as Bruno Sammartino but maybe there were some old dads who pressured their kids into picking him. "C'mon! Billy! Bruno's way better than Ryback! He was champion for eight years!"
I thought Bruno might have been in Legends of Wrestling II, but no dice.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
You alluded to it but I do wonder how many stories about latter-day Savage are actually true. It's sad he's not here to refute them. The only people who kept in contact with him during this time were Gorgeous George and Lanny Poffo it looks like.
Weirdly/sadly, Macho Man's mom outlived him by a couple of years. Reading her obituary, she came up with the name "Macho Man" based on a Reader's Digest article on The Village People.

That must be the only time someone actually took a suggestion based on something their parent read in Reader's Digest.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I thought Savage had patched things up prior to his death. He did work on one of their video games. Maybe it wasn't a full blown makeup but as you said, if he hadn't, he was definitely close to doing so. I think that's how it went with Warrior to. He did work on one of the video games then was inducted into the HOF.

I think that was a deal with Yukes, not WWE. They wanted Savage, but WWE didn't, so they kind of went around them. But either way I was never more hyped for a game.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
Weirdly/sadly, Macho Man's mom outlived him by a couple of years. Reading her obituary, she came up with the name "Macho Man" based on a Reader's Digest article on The Village People.

That must be the only time someone actually took a suggestion based on something their parent read in Reader's Digest.
Ole Anderson supposedly gave him the "Savage" last name, at least according to Apter Mags kayfabe.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I saw Useless Moron Scott Keith spitting feathers that the article is partly plagiarized from his rant (and over the fact that he wished he saved this piece of media now that it's lost).

Reading how prominently Bischoff was involved, there's going to be a really crappy/hyper defensive 83 Weeks on this soon, huh?

Also I love that they sent their most easily flustered on air personality to host it. I'm surprised they didn't deploy King but maybe he was having one of his flights of fancy where he thought he could win public office. Tazz, Cole, or JR hosting a glorified wet t-shirt contest in front of a bunch of horny/angry college kids would've been great although I doubt any of them are a realistic scenario.