Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Official SLEAZE AND POOR PAY AND SLUTS Thread

Mattdotcom

Integral Poster
Reaction score
You're not the boss of us because we have to work other part-time jobs in addition to posting here to be able to make ends meet.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I work a 9-5 job in an office so that I can fund my dream job of posting at TRTSM.

atticus Chaos

(atticus Chaos) drag racing with Vince
Reaction score
I could barely afford the expenses to actually come here and post.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I guess he doesn't need a posting career that bad, then.

atticus Chaos

(atticus Chaos) drag racing with Vince
Reaction score
Trying telling your friend the "national exposure" will be worth it.

Mattdotcom

Integral Poster
Reaction score
We need to rotate your tires, sir.

EDIT oops wrong thread

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
katily.jpg

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Don't want to shit up the indy thread with more talk of that (literal?) Onita/Tremont dumpster fire. So after Terra Callaway tried to claim yesterday that H2O had absolutely no idea that RF would be at the show (despite him being Onita's US agent and there being pictures of RF and Tremont chilling at the show) and that if they tried to get him to leave Onita would walk and ruin the show, Onita's US handler CHAINSAW TONY responded.

Apparently, RF was only there to help Mrs. Onita with the Japanese to US currency exchange rate and would've left if someone told him to. ALSO apparently, Onita got less than half of his money and Matt Tremont kept most of the gate money to keep from getting evicted from his wrestling school/apartment.

Once again, it's almost as if these death match wrestlers have poor judgment.

At any rate, I really hope Matt Tremont didn't refund Bix that $90. :confused:

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
It takes a LOT to be the promoter who takes most of the gate and underpay I assume actual talent (not Onita, he got overpaid period) to be the best person in a situation.

Between that and that guy getting his finger chopped off, deathmatches are on the upswing.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It takes a LOT to be the promoter who takes most of the gate and underpay I assume actual talent (not Onita, he got overpaid period) to be the best person in a situation.
I'd feel bad for/side with Tremont if he wasn't there when almost the exact same thing happened 4 or 5 years ago with Onita. It just seems like there's way easier, less dumb ways to con people in the rasslin industry that don't involve flying Onita over from Japan and working with Rob Feinstein.

Also Chainsaw Tony is the 3rd FMW LEATHERHEAD. Who was the other FMW Leatherhead besides him and Corporal Kirchner?

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
He could be the best guy in the world and I couldn't back the guy who thought he'd make bank with Onita in a venue that could hold 5000ish more people than the company was drawing in general. Onita's a scumbag and I don't know if he has the novelty of being a significant draw in the US anymore (excluding probably a Mox match, maybe). Certainly not enough to justify this whole situation.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Weirdly, I feel like if Mox wasn't in rehab right now, Tony Khan probably WOULD pay money to have a Mox Vs Onita oneoff on Dynamite or even Full Gear. Just as well cause I feel like casual fans would wonder why Mox is fighting an old Japanese man who is dressed like him.

tbh Onita looks pretty dang good for a 64 year old death match wrestler so I'm not even sure if this is the last time he dupes a promoter into flying him to the USA another time.

Super Leather

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Also Chainsaw Tony is the 3rd FMW LEATHERHEAD. Who was the other FMW Leatherhead besides him and Corporal Kirchner?
That would be Rick Patterson, who I've never heard of before or since. Patterson filled in as Leatherface while Kirchner served a six-month sentence for beating up a fan who attacked him. They teamed together only once in the infamous double hell death match against Shoji Nakamaki & Hiroshi Ono. Kirchner went into business for himself by legdropping a chunk of the bed of nails into Ono's throat after the match. Patterson transitioned from the Leatherface gimmick into obscurity while Kirchner moved on to FMW after that match.

Imagine my surprise when I found out that Leatherface/Super Leather and Corporal Kirchner were the same person! I was probably the only kid in the country who had the Corporal Kirchner LJN figure in the '80s, although I have no idea where it went.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Corporal Kirchner is the one ‘80s WWF guy I assume is dead who actually isn’t. Although WWE.com posted and retracted an article that said he died in the mid ‘00s.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Him and The Warlord both. I don’t know if WWE mistakenly announced his death prematurely but I definitely make it a point about once every three months to see what the status is on him.

edit: still going brother

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The Warlord is not only alive but has had a minor comeback in last year or two on the indies. I guess the rub of being Batista’s favorite wrestler paid off 15 years late.