Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Out of the ThunderDome and on the road: WWE in Summer 2021

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Did he say anything cool off the record?

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
No, I only talked to him for less than 10 minutes, although I did get a laugh when he referred to Zoom as “this gimmick” as he tried to figure out how to shut it off on his computer.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hope they get a fucked up feed like THE COCK did and the dozens of people across the country at their local AMC have to slightly adjust their recliners to grumble about it on the internet.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm bummed I have a show the night of SummerSlam but even if I didn't, the closest screening to me looks like it's in Lowell, MA (though I wouldn't have to worry about avoiding eye contact with @Laz since he moved south). I would love to go to a live screening of a wrestling PPV.

Broward83

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's weird that it'll be at every Alamo Drafthouse location except the ones in NYC. @Epic for the Summer will have to go to Long Island, White Plains, or Yonkers if he wants to watch it at the movies!
It isn't even playing anywhere within the Houston area. Not that I planned to go to anyway, but it's weird that in the 4th Largest city in the Nation, there isn't a single screen showing it.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Not showing anywhere in Boston proper either. Or Chicago. I guess they don't think city folks go to movie theaters?

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The Mat Men podcast is reporting the Rock is returning to wwe at Survivor Series.

Via wrestling inc

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
TRIPLE H IS LEAVING WWE FOR IMPACT.

credit: the chip Duvall and crazy ira podcast network via HotRasslinNewz.net

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I thought they were saving Roman/Rock for Wrestlemania in LA in 2023 but I suppose Rock isn't getting any younger (50 next year) so they'll do it in Dallas.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I thought they were saving Roman/Rock for Wrestlemania in LA in 2023 but I suppose Rock isn't getting any younger (50 next year) so they'll do it in Dallas.
I am absolutely in favor of giving Roman a 3 year reign but I don’t think they will have that much patience.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I just want them to have the strength to keep he and Big E strong for WM next year. Slow burn that shit.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
the difference between raw and sd is night and fucking day. Edge/Seth is gonna be off the charts heat.

Roman's heel promo on Cena was great. They set up Roman/Cena, Roman/Balor and also I would think Cena/Balor.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Roman being so amused by his missionary sex joke and how it popped the crowd after they had booed him relentlessly for about ten minutes straight was the bees knees.

it was straight out of Dwayne’s playbook.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Trae Young announced that WWE is holding a PPV in Atlanta on New Year’s Day.

That just seems like...not great timing.

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
That was one of the most fun WWE shows I have been at in a long time. Most energetic crowd since the Attitude Era. While the Miami matches aired on TV, we got a six-man tag between Big E, Shinsuke and Cesaro vs Roode, Ziggler and Apollo. Good match. A little long, but the faces all got to hit their big spots to win.

Dark match main event was Cena and the Mysterios vs Roman and the Usos. Not a lot of substance until the end. They briefly teased a Roman-Cena showdown, but Reigns walked out and left the Usos to get dusted.

Minor note: I’m a little baffled as to why WWE made Otis the guy available for Cleveland media this week when they were sending him to Miami. When I asked him what we should expect from him Cleveland, apparently he should have told me not much!

EDIT: One thing I forgot…During a commercial break in the 2nd hour, they showed us the finish of the women’s title match in Miami, and the whole building booed. The other Rolling Loud match was never mentioned, and I don’t think the backstage segment with Owens and Corbin was shown in the arena either.

Last edited: