Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

PBS: Sesame Street, Mr. Rogers's 'hood, and so much more!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
David (Northern Calloway) from the '70s/'80s episodes is dead too. His sad downfall is covered extensively in the book version of Street Gang but not the film that came out a year or two ago because it's hard to story of a cast member having a massive and ultimately fatal psychotic break into a feel good documentary.

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
There's a Sesame Street themed Masked Singer episode this week too.

Early Sesame Street was so protective about merchandising their brand. I guess we should be lucky we still have it at all.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I am sure @BruiserBrody can find some goofy ass ‘70s-‘90s Sesame Street merch that feels wildly off but NFTs seem like a new low.

HBO deal was a necessary evil but that just feels like straight up greed for the sake of greed.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
I am sure @BruiserBrody can find some goofy ass ‘70s-‘90s Sesame Street merch that feels wildly off but NFTs seem like a new low.

HBO deal was a necessary evil but that just feels like straight up greed for the sake of greed.
I guess if the money goes into the Children's TV Workshop at the end of the day and helps keep the show on the air, then so be it? Or is HBO footing the bill anyway?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
End of an era. I’d like to think they wouldn’t change format if it wasn’t what was best for kids in 2023-24 beyond but Idk…

I guess we should be lucky we still have it at all.