CaptainCrusader.jpg
j_schmidt.jpg
SOA.jpg
Baker.jpg
nunzio.jpg
Scolics.jpg
biff_busick.jpg

A few questions/comments
The Savoldi Brothers must not have watched wrestling since 1996 or so when people started swearing and stopped wearing their work clothes from their "second jobs".

WOMEN HAVE SEX WITH ABDULLAH THE BUTCHER!?

Now even Vince McMahon circa '95 probably would have thought the idea of a wrestling chef was a terrible idea. Is he a heel who attacks his opponents with kitchen tools? Is he a babyface who gives the audience delicious food on his way to the ring?

Poor Nunzio can't even crack the top row of this promotion.
I wonder if Biff is related to Big Bully. He looks like a combination of Matt Young and one of my older brother's dopey high school friends. If my brother's buddy wasn't so incredibly frail and allergic to everything, I'd wonder if it was him.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I hope nobody from NWA on Fire posts here and threatens to kick my ass for calling his gimmick stupid and "being a god damn mark who knows nothing about the business" next time I see a show at the Armory.

HTQ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Kung Kamala said:
I hope nobody from NWA on Fire posts here and threatens to kick my ass for calling his gimmick stupid and "being a god damn mark who knows nothing about the business" next time I see a show at the Armory.
Judging from the promotion, I'd say he was the mark.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yes, hypothetical wrestler knows nothing from nothing.

From my limited experience with them though when I went to shows on a monthly basis in the early '00s, they are a rather prickly bunch. If you want to see some angry, bitter people, hang out in the ring during intermission of a poorly attended wrestling show. Looks of disdain they got when I tried to strike conversation with them---not insidery bullshit or anything, just stuff like "Boy, I hope you get the tag team titles back tonight." *grunt* *roll eyes* *death stare* "OK".

Only kind of nice ones were some of the divas, the rookies who were just happy to be there, the James Vandenberg ripoff, the black guy in the Dudley Boyz ripoff (incidentally the actual D'Von Dudley was one of the nicer wrestlers I've met), and the future Palmer Cannon.

devo

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I've only seen a couple episodes myself, so I couldn't tell you anything about any of these guys.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
devo said:
Ray Traylor lives!

If you want to see some angry, bitter people, hang out in the ring during intermission of a poorly attended wrestling show. Looks of disdain they got when I tried to strike conversation with them---not insidery bullshit or anything, just stuff like "Boy, I hope you get the tag team titles back tonight." *grunt* *roll eyes* *death stare* "OK. Thanks for the autograph. Good luck".

Only kind of nice ones were some of the divas, the rookies who were just happy to be there, the James Vandenberg ripoff, the black guy in the Dudley Boyz ripoff (incidentally the actual D'Von Dudley was one of the nicer wrestlers I've met), and the future Palmer Cannon.

HTQ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Make their tears of bitterness your sweet nectar as you realize you're not them.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
NWA On Fire doesn't even have any real pretenses of being fan friendly. For all their hokey pre Hogan WWF/Memphis pretenses, it was kind of jarring to see their intermission. Two of three mid-card heels shuffled out and signed free autographs. "Hi kid, I just threw a fireball in some jobber's face. Want my autograph?" Needless to say, I could count the number of kids who actually got these jabrones signatures on one hand and still have a few digits left over. Really did all of the babyfaces thumb their noses up at the idea of shaking greasy hands and kissing ugly babies? Or did the $15 that Tommy and Mario pay them not cover autographing? I just shook my head and went over to look at their collection of bootleg WWE DVDs and old WWF magazines for sale.

Mattdotcom

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think I've seen Marion Fontaine post on DVDVR. Or at least some pale guy with a terrible beard, awful tattoos, and no muscles.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Now which of these guys are we most likely to see on NXT? I could see the Pharaoh klutzing it up and breaking somebody's next. Dude is legit almost seven feet tall after all.

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
The Pussy World Order in Women's Erotic Wrestling, I believe. And sadly this is not Facetious Venkman Striking Again.

(Well, yes, it is, but the statement IS true - they were the nWo of the WEW)

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's The Bad Show.

What do you think's going through Nunzio's head when he sits in the locker room backstage at an NWA On Fire show with all of those goofs? I mean he was on a couple of WrestleManias, granted he was just cannon fodder in pre-show battle royals but still!

Scroby

Low rent Indy Referee
Reaction score
I'd like to post some pictures but is there a way to make them all the same size when I post them?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
btw, the answer to that question is "Man, I hope that check doesn't bounce..."

I kind of feel bad for him now. That match on Smackdown! where he teamed up with Batista, Colin Delaney, and Funaki to take down La Familia was pretty awesome. Just thinking about the look on Batista's face when his team was celebrating victory makes me LOL.

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
All these indy promotions with websites put up pictures of anyone with a name who's ever worked their show on their roster page

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Not neccessarily true. Apolo was the top guy for NWA on Fire for a solid year and his picture isn't up there anymore. Maybe he was just afraid of the authorities finding him or something.

Nunzio worked a World title program with their Randy Orton knockoff top heel back in December/January. It basically consisted of Nunzio cutting promo's in somebody's basement.

Adam

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Precious Roy said:
All these indy promotions with websites put up pictures of anyone with a name who's ever worked their show on their roster page

Yeah I caught a website once where their roster had everybody from Danielson and Nigel to Eddie Guerrero and AJ Styles.

Some roster, I thought. They even had the WWE Champion!

timmy8271

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Ed Wood Caulfield said:
What does PWO stand for?

Pro Wrestling Ohio?

The local indy down here is I believe in Wrestling and is booked By Scott Hall. Chaysen Rance and Larry Zybisco are in charge of the wrestling school. Here's the postcard from the latest show:

rkc2ee.jpg

Ricky Young= Ricky Ortiz of Rally Towel Fame.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
SCOTT HALL IS THE BOOKER!?

I can't just imagine him being totally strung out on booze, painkillers, and whatever the hell he's on and booking guys that have been dead for ten years.

" 'ey yo! We should run a program between Curt Hennig and Bossman! Drew big money back in '91! They're what!? Aw man, chico. That's terrible..."