Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Prince re-signs w/ Warner Bros, to reissue back catalog

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
prince-2014-68a9c071b6fd6b3b3ce0861927d86aef3c62985f-s40-c85.jpg

http://www.npr.org/blogs/therecord/2014/04/18/304572413/prince-fans-prepare-for-the-deluge

Prince fans are accustomed to not getting what they want. That's one reason Friday's news came as a shock — that Prince has re-signed, for the first time in 18 years, with Warner Bros. Records, and that an expanded edition of Purple Rain, in time for its 30th anniversary, as well as a new album and unnamed "other planned projects" to come, are all on the way (including a new song, released late last night). Oh — and Prince now owns the master recordings of his iconic '80s recordings, the bone of contention behind his very public, very acrimonious split with the label in the mid-'90s.

FUCKING FINALLY. Remastered versions of the classic albums!

Red Baron

I have a new hat.
Reaction score
Re: Prince resigns w/ Warner Bros, to reissue back catalog

Hell yes! Just need him to do a tour.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Prince is coming to Portland in July to play the newly renovated Civic Center here. I never thought I'd see the day where Prince came to Maine but here it is. I know tickets are gonna cost an arm and leg but I'll be there. Seeing Prince ten years ago at the TD Garden on the Musicology tour was the best live show I've ever seen.

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score

That New Girl episode featuring Prince is the only episode of the show I've seen. Pretty bad!

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
I've seen at least 1 concert a year since 1996. I've seen all kinds of music and some great shows. Prince at MSG a few years ago was, without a doubt, the best show I've ever seen. It was the third show of 3. It was supposed to just be Prince for 3 hours, but for the third show he had Morris Day and the Time open. It was the first time I had ever seen an opening act go for over an hour and have an encore. Amazing stuff.

This news is awesome.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Jack White said in an interview in the latest issue of Mojo Magazine that Third Man Records has acquired the rights to Camille, the unreleased 1986 album where Prince pitch shifted his voice to sound like a woman.

Prince is coming to Portland in July to play the newly renovated Civic Center here. I never thought I'd see the day where Prince came to Maine but here it is. I know tickets are gonna cost an arm and leg but I'll be there. Seeing Prince ten years ago at the TD Garden on the Musicology tour was the best live show I've ever seen.
Have absolutlely no memory of this. It didn't happen obviously. Even Prince's Wiki article on canceled show doesn't mention anything about him being scheduled to play in Portland, Maine in July 2014! Must've been one of my dumbass friends spreading rumors!