Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Protests of Summer 2020

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
chauvins mom could have at least acknowledged the other family's lose while whining about how she wont be able to talk to her son on the phone (wha?!) and how hard this is punishing her too. Fuck off.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
defence wanted probation with time served lol.

I was hoping for the full 30 the prosecution was asking for but this is what the experts were predicting I think.

Staff member
Reaction score
He also has a federal trial upcoming where it is very likely he will get life. Federal cases also do not have parole.

Reactions: SFH

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If you can't do the time don't murder people because you're a racist bitch.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
22.5 years for being a police officer and taking part in a group murder of a man isn't too long and I say that as someone who would loathes long sentences and prison in general.

If you are given a position of power and privilege like that of a police officer (or say a politician) and you abuse that power then I believe you should be given a stiffer penalty.

There has to be accountability or there will never be responsibility.

If someone wants to talk about over lengthy sentences this is not the case to do it and yeah it's a stupid insensitive tweet that comes off as a bid for attention. So...twitter.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm gonna just go ahead and preface that I'm the son of a retired LEO.

Chauvin's sentence SHOULD be longer for exactly what CWM said. And I hope this incident, this sentencing, this trial, everything about the murder of George Floyd wakes up administrations nation wide to stop pussyfooting around and start retraining. If everything since Rodney King didn't tip them off (them = Chiefs and Sheriffs nation wide) then for fuck sake the last 5-6 years have tragic events should have done something. And if THAT was still a series of unlearned lessons, maybe actual consequences can finally, FINALLY, tip them off to change the status quo.

I have my issues with the locals, but I'll acknowledge good when it happens too. The former sheriff (who I've mentioned my low opinion in other threads) had two deputies fired within 3 hours of an interaction going public. I forget the exact year so I can't place it before/after Mr. Floyd's death, but 2 veterans and a rookie were on site for a guy high on meth that tried to kill the dog. Neighbors were videoing and they had the dude cuffed in the unit. Dude was still talking shit, because he was high as a kite, so the eldest cop yanks him out the car, uncuffs him (I think), and challenged him to a fight while the other vet kept yelling at bystanders to bugger off and stop filming. Rookie was a deer in headlights. They were fired before the newspaper got their hands on the footage, controlled the narrative, sure, but they got rid of that bad grass. So when the article did hit they incident did happen, and the deputies were fired for it. I definitely ripped the video off Facebook when it happened but I think I've since deleted it.