Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Puroresu Love & Resources V3

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks to @909 for pointing out to me that Ibushi is getting buried by a number of guys on puro twitter. Okhan, Shuji Ishikawa, Yukio Sakaguchi, Yoshitatsu have all commented on him negatively that I've seen.

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score
AEW isn't going to mess up their relationship with NJPW over Ibushi if Ibushi leaves NJPW on legit bad terms which considering he's accusing them of being in bed with the Yakuza and other shit it sounds like he might be.

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/golden_kuma this guy is translating ibushis comments and stuff.

i like ibushi a lot but he's not doing himself any favours dragging this stuff out here like this. I don't want to judge before everything is known but the fact so many of his current and former coworkers are jumping on him is odd.

I doubt njpw will ever respond to his allegations publicly either so we may never know the truth.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
Jacket Time needs a new member, so this is actually a smart move imo.

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score

so some of this is becoming a bit more understandable but also still really weird. The stuff with Kikuchi sounds bad but his beef with Taka/Taichi and his wanting to use it to punish NJPW is really weird. Taka was fired from the company for YEARS and Taichi was also punished. So if that's his evidence for NJPW having problems with sexual harassment it's not very good. TAKA cheated on his wife and had his career derailed. Taichi fucked around a bunch and got caught on texts. I guess Ibushi doesn't have a problem with Honma (who beat his wife) though!

Kikuchi if this is all accurate sounds like an interfering middle management type that should never have been re-hired. Ibushi sounds like he's difficult to work with from this and also the collapse of his relationship with DDT. For him to post this stuff online is a huge breach of convention. It might not seem so weird to us but for Japan it's very different.

@tekcop can you think of any other worker really exposing things like this because I can't.

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score
some of the stuff he's saying seems to be really contradictory still too as far as how healthy he is even now

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I wonder if and how much of this outburst is head and neck trauma related? Ibushi has a history of saying eccentric stuff but not in a destructive manner like this. Considering his reverence for wrestling history, it seems bizarre that he’d torch his career like this.

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score
This whole thing is a giant mess and is taking a lot of turns and I don't really know what to think since it's just a bunch of accusations that don't have anything to back them beyond the stuff that seems fair about Ibushi being pushed to come back too soon. The other stuff about Yakuza and Sexual Harassment is very serious and needs actual proof. The yakuza's influence in the last several years has been hugely diminished in Japan so it's not the instant "well duh" that it used to be.

Anyway, BOSJ starts tonight and the DC show is Saturday so it's a big weekend for NJPW beyond all this crazyness. Hopefully we can get this cleared up.

EDIT: bosj starts the 15th, i was way too tired

Last edited:

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score

A translation of Otani's statement reads as follows:

"To all the hot professional wrestling fans who love professional wrestling, and to all the people involved in the professional wrestling industry.

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience and concern caused by my injury.

Also, I am grateful to everyone for their warm feelings.

Now, I am working hard every day for treatment and rehabilitation so that I can return to everyone as soon as possible.

I will definitely return in front of you.

We look forward to your continued support of ZERO1 and professional wrestling.

May 13, 4th year of Reiwa Shinjiro Otani

I'll never get over the Japanese thing of apologizing for getting hurt.

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score

Beretta had been scheduled to team with IWGP World Heavyweight Champion Kazuchika Okada against Jay White and Hikuleo at Capital Collision in the semi-main event. Rocky Romero will take Beretta's place in that match.

Romero had been set for a 10-man tag in the second match on the main card, and will be replaced by The DKC. DKC had been scheduled to wrestle Kevin Knight in a dark match for the live crowd, and will be replaced in that bout by AEW's Nick Comoroto.

I'd rather see Romero than Trent tbh.

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score
more signs of things returning to normal for NJPW

Bullet Club's Jay White, Juice Robinson, Karl Anderson, and Doc Gallows have been confirmed. As have the United Empire's Will Ospreay, Great-O-Khan, Jeff Cobb, and Aaron Henare. The Guerrillas of Destiny, Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa will also be present at the Nippon Budokan for the event. Zack Sabre Jr. has been announced for the show as well.

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score

NJPW had a presser to address the Ibushi stuff which I'm legit shocked about, I didn't think they'd talk about it at all.

Sounds like things got cleared up and everything was blown up out of proportion through miscoummunications and emotions.

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score

Okada is having a kid in August. His wife is a voice actress which I didn't realize.

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score

The Ibushi stuff just won't end. First he wasn't happy they didn't mention in the presser that his mom tried to commit suicide specifically because of the problems with them (they added it as soon as he complained), and now he's attacking TV Asahi execs which is a HUGE deal. TV Asahi is their broadcast partner and handles all their technical shit basically.

I get that Ibushi is going through some serious stuff right now with his mom but he seems to be really self-destructing. If he wants to leave NJPW then he should resign. If he wants to expose them then he should just say what he has. NJPW seems like its making an effort to meet him on his issues (far more than I expected tbh) but going after Asahi is a good way to get fired and blackballed. I'm starting to see more reactions from people in general where they've gone from sympathetic to Ibushi to just tired of this whole thing and wondering what is wrong with him. I don't doubt NJPW has some real issues in its management but the way Ibushi has gone about this is really damaging to himself.

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score
Lot of news out of the BOSJ Finals as expected.

Hiromu won the BOSJ which makes him the first ever to win 3 consecutive BOSJ's and first ever to win 4.
Sanada returned and challenged Juice (who is out with appendicitis or something) to get his belt back at Dominion.
KENTA returned.
Ace Austin joined Bullet Club.

rip ZEST FRIENDS
--------

I'm a HUGE Hiromu fan and I think he is the best NJPW junior (and one of the best in the world) when you look at the whole package but he really didn't need to win BOSJ AGAIN. Despy never should have lost to Ishimori if Hiromu WAS going to win. They've botched Yoh/Sho's split badly or one of them would have made interesting options. There's a lot of talent in the division with the restrictions easing but the booking remains shortsided as it has for years when it comes to juniors.

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score
Dominion Card
  • Kazuchika Okada vs. Jay White for the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship.
  • Juice Robinson vs. SANADA vs. Will Ospreay for the IWGP United States Championship
  • Tama Tonga vs. Karl Anderson for the NEVER Openweight title
  • Shingo Takagi vs. Taichi for the provisional KOPW 2022 trophy
  • Chase Owens & Bad Luck Fale vs. Jeff Cobb & The Great-O-Khan for the IWGP Tag Team titles
  • EVIL, SHO, and Yujiro Takahashi vs. Zack Sabre Jr., Yoshinobu Kanemaru, and El Desperado for the NEVER Openweight Six-Man titles
  • Toru Yano vs. Doc Gallows
  • Tetsuya Naito, BUSHI, and Hiromu Takahashi vs. El Phantasmo, Ace Austin, and Taiji Ishimori
  • TJP, Francesco Akira, and Aaron Henare vs. Ryusuke Taguchi, Master Wato, and Hiroyoshi Tenzan
The top 2 matches plus Shingo Vs Taichi should be great. Anderson/Tama is a big chance for Anderson to prove he can still go as a serious singles guy. The LIJ/BC 6 man would be good if it got some time.

Hiromu will get his title shot against Ishimori AFTER Dominion against Ishimori as will TJP/Akira against Wato/Taguchi (actively routing for TJP which I didn't think would ever happen).

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Tanahashi challenged CM Punk to reschedule their match for WrestleKingdom 17.

Already feeling the urge to break my no moaning posts promise----