Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Summer of Punk Vol. 3- AEW Summer 2021 Thread

Lazgistics Supervisor

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Have it be like developmental that makes sense. Dark in the studio, then if you impress enough have them work tapings on Elevation, and then see if they can hang on the main roster.
And if a main roster talent is coming off injury or just wants to try out some new moves, throw 'em down there for a night or two.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
You use it to build feuds with people throughout the company. Treat those shows like b-shows, especially if they have a totally different place for tapings. I don't care where it is or what studio, you at least have guys pop in for promos or something. The thing about Dark that makes me concerned is that given the influx of talent it'll become basically it's own brand and pigeonhole a lot of people.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Both shows in Milwaukee felt off to me. Hoping they are gearing up for a much better week in Chicago.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Greek Freek was at Dynamite last night. Considering last night was kind of a filler show and NBA is TNT's tentpole, it's slightly weird they didn't have this on TV.

And it'd have been funny to have the Scott Keiths, Dave Meltzers, and @BUTTs of the world be like "Uh actually I have no idea who this is"

Tony was on WOR with Dave over the weekend, and it was a great interview. This was brought up. Tony said that Giannis was in the gym until shortly before Dynamite ended, so he got there before Rampage was taped, and Tony invited him to sit front row for it. Tony said that Mark Henry was the one that set everything up. That's the type of thing guys like Paul White and Mark Henry are going to bring to AEW.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
big show is good friends with Lenny Kravitz so I hope that means we get a MJF-Kravitz feud.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Make sure you bring your vaccination records with you to NYC:

Staff member
Reaction score
Darby and Punk should turn heel at the end of All Out and beat Sting up.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Black is so good at the small stuff. Giving Lee Johnson the chair and turning his back is shades of classic Raven. Anytime you get compared to 95-96 Raven that is about the highest compliment I can give.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Great, great Rampage. Almost no comedy. This show was a vision of what AEW can be in the future if some of the rough spots are fixed.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Great, great Rampage. Almost no comedy. This show was a vision of what AEW can be in the future if some of the rough spots are fixed.

I really liked the show last night. All 3 matches were really good. I'm looking forward to a Statlander vs Hayter 1 on 1 match after that handicapped match. Garcia has now main evented 2 of 3 episodes of Rampage, and as a big fan of his, that's just awesome. The pairing with 2point0 has been so good. I like 2point0 being less comedic, too. They throw stuff in there when needed, but they've been more serious, and they've been great.

The Miro/Eddie promo was so damn good. This feud has gone pretty biblical, and it's been great.

skullman80

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Is there a chat tonight? I see the link up top for slack ...but think I need permissions to join. I have slack through work but not my personal account.