Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Summer of Punk Vol. 3- AEW Summer 2021 Thread

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
My ideas for revitalizing Braun in AEW:

1) Every week he should eat a large meal at a table on the entrance stage during the match preceding his. Every week a different meal - two large pizzas (and Pepsi), burgers and fries from whatever fast food joint they can make a deal with, a full turkey with 6 baked potatoes that he eats whole - and all washed down with large mugs of ale. Then he gets in the ring and whips ass.
2) Did you love the goofy guy from Team Littlebig with the unrequited crush on Alexa? Sorry he's dead. AEW Braun fucks. A lot. I'd do a backstage segment where he walks out of the locker room zipping up his pants and then a few moments later Tay Conti comes out walking side to side and breathing hard with a big grin on her face. Then he goes out and eats a pound of wings before destroying an opponent.
3) He should arrive to the arena in a Polaris Slingshot. I don't know if that's really as manly as the other two things I mentioned but I just think they look cool. And motorcycles and pickup trucks are overdone
4) Ringwork is generally solid but uninspired as of late. He needs to add more Sid moves and mannerisms to his repetoire.

Follow these steps and you got a guy who will earn whatever salary he's asking for. And I'm 100% serious about all of this.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Also he should channel his fallen friend Brodie Lee and debut by whipping Cody's ass pillar to post. Basis of the feud? Those stupid "Daddy Eats First" t-shirts Cody put out. Daddy eats first? No. Crud Bonemeal eats first!

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm going to be really curious on attendance. I figure they'll have a Mox-Omega level main event announced well in advance to try and sell tickets. But, even then, that seems like a lot of seats for them to sell when they aren't selling that well for the events already announced for July.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm assuming it'll do well and I wouldn't be shocked if it was a sellout due to the appeal of first AEW show in NYC proper.

Florida and Texas are kind of shitty markets (especially in the Summer) during non-pandemic times.

Also also I imagine events will really hinge on last minute/walk up sales for the next year or two due to people being like "Well is it really going to happen?"

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
They're also calling it AEW Dynamite: Grand Slam, so it'll be a special show.

That is about 15 minutes from where I live, a short bus ride and 1 subway stop. It's right across the street from CitiField. I'm going to try to get tickets for that.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
I hate Tony Khan, but OC is the best thing the company has going for it.

And Stat being back.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
I'm curious how they are going to promote the show. The traditional theory would be to announce something huge right before the on-sale date in July. The problem is All Out is September 5, and you aren't going to want that to seem secondary as you still will make more money on ppv buys.

But, waiting until after All Out to push the show seems like a terrible idea too. So, it's really walking a fine line between pushing it but making the ppv 2 weeks earlier seem like the bigger deal.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
They should go back and take notes on some of the better promoted, close together ppv/SNME and ppv/Clash events were done. Like how WCW did Beach Blast>Clash>GAB in 1992.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
All Out has Omega/Bucks vs. [insert trio], and the ME is a 4-way for the title shot (vs. Omega) at Grand Slam. Advertise that the fourth entrant will be a mystery revealed on the show (either by a manager/valet, or somebody that REALLLLLY hates Omega struck a deal to get the belt off him).

Omega/Bucks win their match via shenanigans, and make it a point to watch the 4-way match from the front row.

Brian Cage. Hangman. Andrade. Fourth man is revealed to be...
OKADA
...who goes on to win. Omega flips his goddamn lid at ringside. BOOM. Show feels huge and the PPV audience got their money's worth, too.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
NJPW's big Metlife Dome show is on the same day as All Out so as cool as seeing Okada in the US again would be I don't think it is likely right then. They've got a ton of giant shows (plus the G1 when it happens) scheduled in the next few months and I don't think he'll be missing any of them. Maybe he could fly back and forth (if Japan gets it's covid shit together) but that will take a real toll on him.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
I know there was some talk earlier about how they are going to do the youtube shows starting in July when they go back on the road.

Tony said the schedule will be:

Elevation--taped before Dynamite
Dynamite
Rampage--some weeks taped after Dynamite and some weeks live on it's own on Friday

Dark--they are finding a new venue were they will just tape dark in bulk

Last edited:

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
I'm curious how they are going to promote the show. The traditional theory would be to announce something huge right before the on-sale date in July. The problem is All Out is September 5, and you aren't going to want that to seem secondary as you still will make more money on ppv buys.

But, waiting until after All Out to push the show seems like a terrible idea too. So, it's really walking a fine line between pushing it but making the ppv 2 weeks earlier seem like the bigger deal.

The first NYC show, that's all they'll have to say to promote the show. New York is already a very good market for pro wrestling. They'll have no problem selling out either right away or within days of when tickets go on sale.

Push Eddie Kingston (hometown guy) vs Omega for the world title, Santan and Ortiz (a hometown tag team) vs the Bucks for the tag titles. Announce the show is the start of a Trio title tournament.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think the bigger issue is not how close it is to All Out but the fact that they are across the River and down the road in Newark, NJ a week before. And that was heavily hyped as their NYC(.../NJ metropolitan area) debut before this was announced.

Also Newark show hasn’t even sold out. Although I know a show at a historic venue like Arthur Ashe Stadium will have a lot more appeal and buzz than one in friggin Newark.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Loved JungleBoy vs Omega. Wasn't crazy about all the stuff after the match.

Once again the main event showed AEW's biggest advantage over WWE. The crowd.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Story that's only relevant to me (unless @HarleyQuinn is secretly an AEW guy)...they're moving the date of the Boston Dynamite for IIRC the 4th time from September 8th to October 27th.

Selfishly I'm glad cause I don't have tickets yet and I'm planning on going to at least one of the NYC/NJ Dynamites and it'd be hard for me to justify going to Dynamite twice in a month. Now with it spaced out six weeks, chances of me going increase big time.

Edit- oof headline says it's 3rd time it moved. Reading is impossible.