Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Random TNA Bullshit Vol. 2

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
They really are trying to make sure I never resubscribe to Impact Plus, huh?

Arm wrestling in a steel cage might be the most TNA thing ever.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Today's My World with Jeff Jarrett is all about the creation of The King of the Mountain match.

Kamala moans/everyone else groans.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hmmm. SID seems like a perfect fit for a random cameo during the Asylum days but he didn't make his in-ring comeback from the horrible leg injury at Sin until June '04 so very limited window.

I could also see him having a random run in late '04/early '05 ala Macho Man, Johnny B. Badd and DDP.

It should've happened. It's not fair that we didn't get Don West calling a SID match.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
He just had no place. I've turned the idea over in my head a lot. Even when he was finally able to work I don't think he could've added anything beyond being a heel bodyguard who turns face and powerbombs them a lot. But writing that makes me think that even superfucked Sid could have some brilliant work with 2004 Kid Kash.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Sid and Red would've been the perfect face team in another world. No debate to be had.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
To be serious, I'm guessing post leg injury SID trying to work an actual match probably would have been almost as depressing as Bret Hart's early 2010s WWE run which never happened. He had a rare display of self awareness and/or had saved enough money that he realized it wasn't worth risking embarrassment to try and have one last run on top.

I do remember SID doing a shoot interview in '07ish where he said he had a great idea for a WWE comeback but only doing an entirely new gimmick that he didn't want to give it away and ruin it. One of the things that will haunt me is trying to find out what the heck SID's idea for a career reinvention in 2007 WWE was.

Valeyard

Reaction score
WWE was very close to bringing Sid back around then but he straight told them he would fail his wellness test so they didn't bother.

Sid's only hope would've been to just be 911, killing off x-division guys. Bold statement, though: he would have been the best member of Aces & Eights.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Most realistic scenario for SID in TNA/Impact is showing up during one of those stupid comedy undercard storylines that they did in 2017 to try and recapture the Broken Hardys viral buzz.

It might've been to see SID and Big Poppa Pump interact again though. Could've been fun to see SID fall into the Lake of Reincarnation and come out as Lord Humongous too.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Glad to see the most random match on my top 10 list of best matches I've seen live is getting love.

If you told a wrestling fan in 2013 that Gail Kim Vs Taryn Terrell was going to be a better match than AJ Styles Vs Kurt Angle, they probably would have had you committed!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
That's pre "Women's Revolution too" and I want to say it even predates NXT's women's division getting hot. Knockouts division needs more credit for the evolution of North American women's wrestling IMO.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This page has been posting some old Xplosion clips.
I never knew there was a TNA CM Punk Vs Colt Cabana match. This is Colt's only TNA match.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
VOW continues their series of sharing favorite memories (and @Laz 's least favorite) of TNA to commemorate the 20th anniversary.

Michael Shane (Matt Bentley), however, is one of the most underrated X-Division wrestlers in history. While he might be most remembered for being the cousin of a certain WON Hall of Famer with a similar name, Shane held his own in a division that consisted of guys like AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Jerry Lynn, and the aforementioned Kaz and Sabin.
Laz turns into Anger from Inside Out

Valeyard

Reaction score
That match is great in the sense it showed the potential of the gimmick and was some hilarious growing pains. People gave it the full five stars or absolutely nothing, which wasn't something that ever happened. But the second one was legit **** and no one talks about it.

Michael Shane would be huge now. He kind of is in that he evolved into Adam Cole. But no one who defends him ever points out any singles matches worth anything.

• Haha
Reactions: HSJ

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Before the first TNA show in Nashville. Back when rasslin audiences looked like rasslin audiences and not another ComicCon.