Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Re: Community: Six Seasons and a Movie

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
http://splitsider.com/2014/09/yvette-nicole-brown-has-left-community/
I'm not sure what to expect from Season 6. Wonder how they're going to write off Shirley.

bps21

Integral Poster
Reaction score
LOL no. No one does the hours this show keeps unless they have to. A lot of the commentaries on the DVD are people talking about how "oh yeah...this was at 3 in the morning after I started the day at 10 AM because we were still getting pages during the shoot." The new one has a documentary that shows the writers room trying to finish a script that they are watching a feed of the actors filming on set on the TV.

As for Shirley leaving...I'll try to put this delicately...but...meh. She's the worst character. I get needing all kinds of characters...but when Pierce left her role to counterbalance him was gone and she just floated in and out of episodes without purpose.

Though if they ever do make a movie and can get everyone back for a scene or two...that'd be cool.

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
I was kind of hoping the whole thing was going to be done on a shoestring budget where every episode took place in the Dean's office (with Dean Pelton and Chang being the new lead characters, scheming up things for Greendale) and Jeff and the gang would pop in for 3 minutes per episode.

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
The ghost of bps21 said:
LOL no. No one does the hours this show keeps unless they have to. A lot of the commentaries on the DVD are people talking about how "oh yeah...this was at 3 in the morning after I started the day at 10 AM because we were still getting pages during the shoot." The new one has a documentary that shows the writers room trying to finish a script that they are watching a feed of the actors filming on set on the TV.

As for Shirley leaving...I'll try to put this delicately...but...meh. She's the worst character. I get needing all kinds of characters...but when Pierce left her role to counterbalance him was gone and she just floated in and out of episodes without purpose.

Though if they ever do make a movie and can get everyone back for a scene or two...that'd be cool.

Yeah, Shirley is pretty much the least essential character. I mean, it sucks that she won't be there and IRL sucks that she has this personal shit to deal with, but it's not going to kill the show. They can even make a running gag out of members of "the gang" slowly dropping away. I thought for sure Donald Glover would show up again, but no, for all we know he's still out there on a boat with the dude from Reading Rainbow, lol

This season is a Webisode bonus for fans basically, and might actually be more profitable than being on NBC. Whatever they do is cool with me as long as they're having fun doing it

Jingus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Amy pats fan said:
The ghost of bps21 said:

Yeah, Shirley is pretty much the least essential character. I mean, it sucks that she won't be there and IRL sucks that she has this personal shit to deal with, but it's not going to kill the show. They can even make a running gag out of members of "the gang" slowly dropping away. I thought for sure Donald Glover would show up again, but no, for all we know he's still out there on a boat with the dude from Reading Rainbow, lol

This season is a Webisode bonus for fans basically, and might actually be more profitable than being on NBC. Whatever they do is cool with me as long as they're having fun doing it
Ditto to all of the above. It sucks that we've lost Chevy/Donald/Yvette, but the rest of the cast is plenty strong enough to go on without them. I don't care what the cast is or who's writing it (I didn't mind most of season 4), I just want more Community!

bps21

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I almost think it's a good thing she left. Not for the reasons she did...that's sad and I hope the best for her...but because...I think the days going to come where we will see a very emotionally earned scene around the study table with the entire original cast, and that will be the best.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Season 6 trailer:

https://screen.yahoo.com/community-season-six-trailer-premiere-175500821.html

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
This Yahoo Screen is a pain in the ass to navigate. Can anybody tell whether or not they already have any content, or will Community be their first show?

Conspiracy_Victim

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Nice to see they went ahead and got the meta humor about the changes out of the way quickly. Frankie's meltdown was pretty funny, and nice cameo by the janitor. All in all, it's good to have it back.

I had to check to make sure I didn't somehow jump to another show for the last 2:30. Weird.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
I would watch "Knee-High Mischief" so many times I'd wear out the file.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Caught up with episodes three through five last night. Enjoying this run so far. Seems more back in line with the earlier days of the show, which is what is to be expected but also when I liked it best.

Laz

Reaction score
Episode 4 has been the weakest so far in terms of laughs but definitely has the strongest "heart" behind it. "Gay Dean" had me laughing but most of the Karate Kid stuff was pretty dull, IMO. Not bad, just not great.

The prisoners episode was fairly decent, though, and the party subplot has probably developed Britta's character the most since...what? The first season?

Laz

Reaction score
How can he be racist with the name "Gupta Gupty Gupto"?

Laz

Reaction score
Keith David is such a great addition to this show.

"It's Vietnam!"