Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

RIP Shock G from Digital Underground

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
As we all age more artists we like are going to die, but it doesn't make it any less shocking (pun unintended) that they die anyway. He was only 57.

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The other thing is to a lot of people who know Digital Underground now might just write them off as a novelty act because of "The Humpty Dance" or consider them a sidenote in 2Pac's career but Sex Packets is legitimately a wonderful album.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
One of my favorite stories from I Want My MTV was Shock G talking about how filming of the music video for "Doowhuchyalike" was a crazy 36 hour party from some hotel in Oakland. He kept calling the lobby to ask the A&R guy for more money to complete the video until the A&R guy was like "WTH is going on?" and showed up to the hotel to get turnt up. Then they gave Digital Underground a blank check to complete the video

OldSchoolWrestling

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Growing up a hip hop fan in the Bay Area, I saw them a few times including with 2Pac. When my wife told me he passed and sent a picture of Shock G/Humpty, I asked "So which one died"? She questioned herself!