Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

ROH in 2021 Thread: Now Moderately Less Problematic!

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Yeah, it is definitely possible to play a more serious character but not be boring. When he got his mean streak in TNA and was a top guy, he wasn’t a goofball. He had moments where he showed ass like Kurt Angle. But I definitely get wanting to do a big shift after how discouraging that last run was. One of the most obvious “we don’t really want you but don’t want anyone else to have you” in some time.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Isn't All In available on ROH's streaming service? They have this show with their talent on their platform but they have zero credit? Their world title was defended on the show!

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
...would totally watch a Billy Zane show, can't lie

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Billy Brian Zane's been doing segments for ROH for like at least two years? I think he might have been there when Young Bucks and Cody were there.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Hey @King Kamala - if you wanted to know what new talent in ROH that EC3 is high on, he sees big things in Josh Woods and also feels he sees a lot of Derrick Bateman in Dak Draper.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He's actually pretty decent as a lackey to The Foundation. Only problem is they're blatantly telegraphing him getting fed up with their shit and we do not need to see another run for Rhett Titus: Inspirational Babyface. Accept that his ceiling is tertiary heel lackey, Hunter!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
PPVs that don't warrant a thread

ROH 19th Anniversary Show
March 26th, 2021
From UMBC Event Center in Baltimore, Maryland

ROH World Title Match
RUSH (c) Vs Jay Lethal

ROH World Television Title Match
Kenny King (c) Vs "Hot Sauce" Tracy Williams (King is wrestling and defending title in place of the injured Dragon Lee)

ROH Pure Title Match
Jonathan Gresham (c) Vs Dak Draper

ROH World Tag Team Titles Match
La Faccion Ingobernable (La Bestia del Ring & Kenny King) (c) (with Amy Rose) Vs The Foundation (Rhett Titus & "Hot Sauce" Tracy Williams) (La Bestia del Ring is wrestling and defending title in place of his son, the injured Dragon Lee)

Grudge Match
Jay Briscoe Vs EC3

Unsanctioned Match
Matt Taven Vs Vincent

Flip Gordon Vs Mark Briscoe

Dalton Castle Vs Josh Woods (with Silas Young)

ROH World Six Man Tag Team Titles Match (preshow)
Shane Taylor Promotions (Shane Taylor & SOS) (c) Vs MexiSquad (Bandido, Flamita, and Rey Horus)

Four Corner Survival Match (preshow)
LSG Vs Danhausen Vs Eli Isom Vs Brian Johnson

Pre-show matches are streaming for free on a bunch of places. My interest in this show went from "Hey! I might $20 for this show) to nil when Dragon Lee went out.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I want to check this out but King pulling double duty, the never ending Taven/Vincent feud and Dragon Lee being out have me weary. I'll see how I feel later this weekend.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Chris Hero is on the ROH podcast today. Honestly not sure if he is done wrestling (I have not listened to the podcast but I assume it will come up) but I really hope he ends up working for them again after the pandemic. That feels like the perfect space for him to wind down his career.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Hero's going to pop up forever. He's the new Tommy Dreamer.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Chris Hero can still put on heaters with p. much anyone though. He hasn’t worked at all since being released from WWE afaik which is what makes me think he might be winding things down but idk. Maybe he is the one wrestler who is being genuinely precautious about COVID.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Given the girth he's put on I'm not sure. Not that I think he is or will be bad or anything but he's way past the sell by date. He's a great pickup for anybody but he's less where Jerry Lynn was and more where Dreamer was fifteen years ago. Unlike Dreamer though he's one of those guys who could do anything asked of him well enough.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Even fat Hero is still pretty damn agile and moves around well. But yeah I feel like his purpose in wrestling if he is coming back is to be a Tommy Dreamer type who is actually a great worker. Put over and work with young talent, be a goodwill ambassador, etc.

I would like to hope he has used the past 13 months to get in better shape but I also kind of think he would show up even fatter. I think he is doing a meet and greet this weekend at @Big Beard Booty Daddy ‘s local store so maybe he can report back to us.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I think if we get to vote on which meet and greet there he should attend we should request him go to Lars Sullivan instead