Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

RT Me in Person: The 2021 Independent Wrestling Compendium

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Glad @Big Beard Booty Daddy 's indy is keeping the spirit of Wrestling Society X alive.

There's also going to be a Mance Warner Vs JTG match on the show that's a Future Matches We Didn't Think Existed thread candidate. Plus Brian Cage Vs M-Dogg Matt Cross (another WSX alum), which might be a candidate but I'm fairly certain Beyond has done it at some point.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Oh I forgot about Cage and Matt Cross' Lucha Underground connection. I always forget about Lucha Underground but I'm glad WWE & Impact occasionally poorly try to recreate their style every few months to remind me.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Glad @Big Beard Booty Daddy 's indy is keeping the spirit of Wrestling Society X alive.

There's also going to be a Mance Warner Vs JTG match on the show that's a Future Matches We Didn't Think Existed thread candidate. Plus Brian Cage Vs M-Dogg Matt Cross (another WSX alum), which might be a candidate but I'm fairly certain Beyond has done it at some point.

Their production is really solid and different. I've enjoyed their first 2 IWTV shows. They're short (about 90-100 minutes in length), easy to get through, and entertaining. I'm excited for Mancer vs JTG.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
I am so excited for Jordan vs Trish. I put it out there after the Iron Match that I wanted to see the 2 people who beat Deppen in Iron Matches face each other. I wanted them to face off in an Iron match for ultimate supremacy, but I'll take a regular match.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Finally watching the Lucha Memes- USA Indies Vs Mexican Indies show. Wrestling wise, it's pretty great and fun. Tony Deppen/Ricky Marvin is a banger and Jonathan Gresham/Aramis is an early US Indies MOTY candidate. Production and presentation has a real '00s indy feel. It takes a lot for commentary to detract from a show for me (I watch plenty of GCW shows with Kevin Gill on commentary) but the commentary on this show is HORRIBLE. It's just a mildly interested mark shuffling through his notes and snakily commentating.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Beyond Wrestling has a return date to the White Eagle Polish Hall in Worcestah about to be announced. LIFE IS FINALLY BEGINNING TO RETURN TO NORMAL!

Can't wait to get vaccinated and go down to the PARIS OF THE 1980S and smash some DOLLAR JELLO SHOTS and watch Nick Gage.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Me and @Big Beard Booty Daddy 's guy Tony Deppen has his own Mania Week show now.

I'm surprised with its IWTV group since I always thought of him as a GCW guy.

I'll tell you a secret. It's being run by the guy who was the money man for Synergy Pro Wrestling. The piece of shit wasn't in charge of paying, but there was someone else for that. He was the face of the company and booker. No one seems to know who the actual owner was since the piece of shit had all the info. After he was screwed over, he wanted to do something so the roster didn't lose their booking, and since Tony was a Synergy guy, and close to the money guy, whose name is Tom, they came together for this. It's essentially going to be the same exact show, under Tony's name. He's not taking pay for this one, apparently, so that the rest of the roster isn't screwed.

Much of the roster had Synergy as the company paying for their transportation down there and hotel. They would have been screwed big time, but Tom and Tony stepped in to make sure everything went off. There's talk of them pretty much taking over the company, but obviously re-branding it.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
That'd be making the best out of a obviously horrible situation. I listened to Tony's interview on the ROH Podcast the other week and it seems like he has a fantastic mind for the business and diverse tastes, which seems like right mindset for an indy promoter in 2021.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Now it's official...Lio Rush's post WWE run has gone from slightly questionable to outright questionable. I'm having a hard time of thinking of a match of is in the past year that wasn't underwhelming now he's joining The Good Brothers in trying to revive the career of Enzo!?

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Lio is a case where he's clearly talented but thinks he is far more talented than he actually is. Him doing that pseudo-Taker bullshit for GCW last year was laughably tone deaf. He's like if Austin Aries and LowKi went to art school...but without that industry-changing chunk of their early careers to at least point to and say "I did this."

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
For past 3 or 4 years, I always heard rumblings that he was a conceited ass (although he seemed just very shy and quiet in my limited interaction with him when he did a Limitless shot) and his WWE run turned him into a conceited ass who works boringly.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
I was regularly surprised at how entertaining Dom was despite his matches being dull messes. Way better bell-to-bell than Tom Lawlor.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I was regularly surprised at how entertaining Dom was despite his matches being dull messes. Way better bell-to-bell than Tom Lawlor.
I really want to love Tom but he has never clicked with me.

I really like Dom cause he seems very old school (IE 70s/80s territory old school) in the sense looks like a mildly dorky looking generic thirty something dude but if you mess with him, he’ll have you smelling your own ass in no time.

Kevin Ku is very good as well. Maybe my pick for most underrated team going today.

Reactions: Laz

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Now it's official...Lio Rush's post WWE run has gone from slightly questionable to outright questionable.
B2231446-8388-4076-ABAA-92ECFE97E5E4.jpeg
Think this may need to be upgraded from outright questionable to very questionable. And I guess this means I have one less show to watch Mania Week.