Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

RT Me in Person: The 2021 Independent Wrestling Compendium

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
I'm still peeved that the cameras didn't catch me drunkenly yelling "I AM THE TABLE" when Dijack's chokeslam to JT Dunn didn't break it.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
RIP to the Fete Music soundboard that Dijak accidentally destroyed hitting JT Dunn over the head with a water bottle right next to it.

Other two matches for Americanrana 2021 are Jordynne Grace and Kimber Lee Vs Masha Slamovich and Leyla Hirsch, which I think is pretty cool as the top women in Beyond of the 2010s Vs potential top women of 2020s and TEAM TREMENDOUS EXPLODES (...which is type of match I would expect to happen at Americanrana 2021). Also wasn't Dan Barry supposed to retire to focus on his stand up like three years ago?

Certainly seems like a stepdown from Deisuke Sekimoto and a 60 minute Iron Man Match between Joey Janela and REDACTED two years ago.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Corino was one of my favorites in latter-day ECW and was also one of my favorites in early ROH. People forget he was a pretty big star outside WWE in the early 2000s.

That Homicide feud was awesome.

Last edited:

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I know this is just a typo, but it got me thinking of a possible LGBTQ+ street tough faction called the Stonewall Wrecking Crew, and I really fucking wish I had any time to e-fed now.
LGBT+ community in indie wrestling rn is strong enough where you could do the Stonewall Wrecking Crew.

I'm baffled that Steve Corino never got some sort of run as an active performer in WWE. There's no point from 2003 to '09ish where he wouldn't have fit in, at least as a mid carder. He would have been good even in a player-coach role in NXT ala Chris Hero in the 2010s. I guess lack of WWE run is even odder considering he went to coach them just after retiring. I guess WWE didn't really want his type of performer until it was too late?

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
He got a tryout as a commentaror right after ECW folded but got turned down as they didn't want him to be on camera because of the scarring on his forehead due to his constant blading. He also had a series of dark matches in 2007ish (thanks to Harley Race, I believe) but realized he was too removed from his peak to be a solid performer for them.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
They didn't want somebody that had such massive scar tissue on his forehead and a flabby gut.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
PWI has recognized the IWTV Title as a World Title. Neat little feather in the cap for indie wrestling.

That’s awesome for IWTV. I kind of question the recognition of the PAWD title since it’s not defended that much, and as much as I love Trish, I believe she’s been the only title holder in the titles 2+ years of existence. I’m more surprised they didn’t recognize the GCW World Title since they are the biggest indie around, and it’s been defended on multiple continents.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, Idk if PAWD is even one of the Top 5 biggest titles on the indies but I'm guessing maybe Trish has defended it internationally so that's why it got bumped up? It has an international name at least since I doubt any indie titles have been defended beyond their nation's borders in the past few years---

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
E8wgEEtX0AIC96N

@Valeyard your show of the year is tonight

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I was moving and missed it. I'd planned all day around Triplemania because I'm a fucking dork but spent six or so hours moving and just had to admit defeat. I'm still safely calling it show of the year, like it always is.

Staff member
Reaction score
Of course the second show is the week I'm in DC. Can't go to the first one. Of course.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Beyond Wrestling has postponed their flagship event Americanrana in Worcester today due to Tropical Storm Henri.

Obviously sucks for them but it might ultimately be for the best cause there's no way that show wasn't just going to get completely lost in this insanely busy weekend of wrestling.