Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Seltzer Water

Staff member
Reaction score
Yo, I need to stop drinking soda ASAP. I already wound down from the sugar shit to the diet shit, now I want to stop drinking it entirely. Which of these bougie beverages is any good

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Spindrift and LaCroix will do you. Even classic Perrier is good.

There isn’t really BAD seltzer shits, just about what has a flavor you like.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Polar Seltzer and LaCroix are best but Idk if you get them in California (although that'll change soon since Polar just signed a national distribution deal with 7Up/Dr. Pepper). Spindrift is great but is usually pricier and only sells in 6 (or maybe it's 8 packs?)

I've been a seltzer fiend for a while. Honestly, I think most of them are at least good. Except for the ones made by soda companies (Bubbly and Canada Dry). Those taste like when you get a Coke or Mt Dew Slurpee and get to the end and all of the sugar is sucked out but it still vaguely has taste of soda. Canada Dry has a dang good lemon lime (and its plain is good if you're into just straight up fizzy water) though and is usually on sale (cause it sucks)

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
La Croix, Polar, and Bubbly are the best. I would stay away from store brand selzter as it contains some nasty shit.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
RUMOR AND INNUENDO (tm Conrad Thompson) is that Hannaford (Maine/NH/Vermont/Upstate New York grocery chain) brand uses excess Polar stock for their seltzers but I have no idea if that is true since I really only drink their plain and it's hard to distinguish difference between plain seltzers unless it's REALLY BAD.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm going to be the dork that points out that Topo Chico and Perrier aren't seltzer. They're sparkling mineral waters.

However, I'm not a big enough dork to know what difference is between sparkling mineral water and seltzer...besides there are minerals in the former?

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I was merely conveying to 209 that would do for him as well in his efforts to curb soda consumption but always appreciate your efforts to provide clarity.

Staff member
Reaction score
Anything flavored will probably work. I just gotta stop drinking soda, I feel like that alone makes someone weigh 15-20 more pounds.

I saw that there's watermelon and cherry flavored, but I don't see grape, which would probably be good.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Anything flavored will probably work. I just gotta stop drinking soda, I feel like that alone makes someone weigh 15-20 more pounds.

I saw that there's watermelon and cherry flavored, but I don't see grape, which would probably be good.

I guess La Croix is probably the best. I managed to make it to 3PM without caffeine today so it is at least fooling my body into thinking it is soda/energy drink from the carbonation alone.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
You also can try out the flavor shot gimmick deals. Most are loaded with sugar as well but there’s non sugar versions that is basically a glorified kool aid but you can always just add that to water.

Speaking as someone who reduced himself to one soda a week, it’s a noticeable change.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
My seltzer spending habits have been getting a bit out of hand over the past month so now I'm thinking of investing in a Sodastream and making my own. I'm not sure how I feel about the different flavorings that are offered (I know Bubly has their own drops but not sure who else does) but in additional to being more environmentally friendly, it'll likely save me a ton of money. Thoughts?

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Not necessarily seltzer but I want to give a shout out to Safeway brand Signature Select Sparkling Water. Very disappointed with most sparkling waters and seltzer waters but the Signature Select ones have distinct flavors and are great.

The grape as pictured tastes pretty much like grape soda and is my favorite. I don’t think I’ve had a flavor I haven’t liked and they have a good selection of flavors.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
They're making an 8% ABV version of White Claw called White Claw SURGE.

Posting about it cause everyone will expect me to. Also everyone here will also expect me to be upset that White Claw SURGE has nothing to do with the Official Soft Drink of (The Declining Years of) WCW.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I still hope Tony Schiavone promotes this brand as well

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Tony Khan loves White Claws so I don't doubt it will happen. I just hope they remake the backstage vignette where Goldberg headbutted a Surge machine to get a fresh, cold bottle. I feel like Moxley would be the right choice for that but Hangman Page if Mox doesn't want to be a shill.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
He finna hit that Old Orchard Pier and get fucked up on beer battered fries

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
They're expanding the bar at the end of the pier to the beach itself this summer so I'll get hammered on the beach itself and get into a fight with a speedo clad middle aged Quebecois and/or drown.