Reaction score
Celebrating two decades of a bad idea!

Impact Wrestling Slammiversary
June 19th, 2022
Live from the Asylum in Nashville, Tennessee

Impact World Championship match

Josh Alexander (c) Vs Eric Young

Ultimate X match for the Impact X Division Championship
Ace Austin (c) Vs Kenny King Vs Speedball Mike Bailey Vs Trey Miguel Vs Jack Evans Vs Alex Zayne

Queen of the Mountain match for the Impact Knockouts Championship (special guest enforcer: Mickie James)
Tasha Steelz (c) Vs Chelsea Green Vs Deonna Purrazzo Vs Jordynne Grace Vs Mia Yim

Impact World Tag Team Championship match
The Briscoes (c) Vs The Good Brothers

Interpromotional ten man tag
Impact Originals (Frankie Kazarian, Nick Aldis, The Motor City Machine Guns and TBA) Vs Honor No More (Eddie Edwards, PCO, Vincent, and OGK)

Monster's Ball
Moose Vs Sami Callihan

Impact Knockouts Tag Team Championship match
The Influence (Madison Rayne & Tennille Dashwood) (c) Vs Rosemary and Taya Valkyrie

Impact Digital Media Championship match (pre-show)
Rich Swann (c) Vs Brian Myers

Reverse Battle Royal (pre-show)
Participants TBA

They're really pulling out all of the stops for this show (well except for having an interesting challenger in the main event but EY is a loyal soldier and they don't have many options!) including REVERSE BATTLE ROYAL! I'm holding out hope that they can get Tenay out of retirement and Don West is healthy enough to call one match on this show. Preferably the REVERSE BATTLE ROYAL!

And yeesh, Rich Swann's stock has fallen hard. I know someone might say "Well actually the pre-show is the most watched portion of the show!" but yeah, it still has the prestige of pre-show. I know secondary promotions like Impact and ROH have really tried to bolstered importance of pre-shows but I highly doubt it'll ever take!

Last edited:

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I can't get behind Eric Young main eventing and Rich Swann working the preshow in 2022.

Ultimate X has way too many people. Go Speedball.

I'm beginning to think AMW might be the likely picks for the mystery spots. Storm for certain, and if not Harris then probably Daniels. It's just bullshit they didn't make it Lethal Lockdown just because.

No matter what I think it's pretty funny that the gimmicks booked are no doubt based on Youtube hits instead of match quality.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
It's too bad there is such bad juju with Jeff Jarrett still with Impact......it seems a shame he isn't involved in this show in some capacity, especially given its from the old TNA Asylum (albeit not the same venue it used to be since the remodel)

Good call on AMW being the mystery guys....I could def see that happening, esp considering Chris Harris just made a random cameo on Impact last week.

So many old gimmicks coming back, mostly an ok idea except the fuckin reverse battle royale thing. So does that mean Russo is doing a run-in on this crappy idea he had?

I am slightly intruiged what old nostalgia surprises they have on this show more than anything, as the lineup doesn't fully intruige me, esp the main event. The Ultimate X match though has a great lineup that could go many ways. Chris Bey should be added to that match too, a shame he isn't in there as I'm interested to see how the Bullet Club effect would play a part in that one with Bey and Austin.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's too bad there is such bad juju with Jeff Jarrett still with Impact.
Probably biggest hurdle is that Jeff Jarrett is running WWE house shows rn. Afaik there's no residual bad feeling with him and current ownership group. I'd be highly surprised if Jeff Jarrett never appeared on Impact TV again (and tbh, I wouldn't be shocked if he showed up for a quick cameo on Sunday considering location) but I just think Jeff needs a long break from being directly involved in Impact considering how horribly it ended last few times.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I know I shouldn't be surprised by any reunions but I am genuinely kind of surprised Impact and Nick Aldis have made nice given the nastiness of their split a few years back. Although Nick Aldis probably just realizes at this stage of his career, he's not going to WWE and NWA is not getting TV so why not let bygones be bygones?

(nerd voice) And Nick Aldis isn't anything close to a Impact Original. He didn't debut until 2009! Chris Sabin and MCMG aren't originals but were at least around in the first 2 or 3 years so I'll allow it!

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I mean, sure. But if those fans don't shit on her it's totally pointless. Other option is she uses this chance to control her narrative and lead an invasion.

Cackling Co Pilot Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think I might say the same. If you're combining importance to the company, box office success and match quality than I think Joe/Angle is #1. TNA was way more popular in '08 than it was in '04/'05 but for some reason, it really isn't talked about as much.

Broward83

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Was weird to have seen the news that Earl passed away, only to read he came in at the end to count the pinfall.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
Yeah, not a bad show at all.....a nice mix of a bunch of TNA nostalgia and decent ringwork for the most part in just about every matches except the women's bouts, neither really did much for me. The multi-man tag had one TNA nod after the other, made for a much more fun match than it would be otherwise. The main exceeded expectations for sure, credit has to be given to Josh Alexander who has really worked his ass off in the last year and is making his world title run meaningful in the ring. Best match was Ultimate X probably, and enjoyed the Moose-Sami match way more than I figured I would.

Epic for the Summer

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Yeah, this was a nice little show. Good action and I enjoyed all the throwbacks though I wish we got more like Abyss and Samoa Joe.

LOL at the mystery guy being Davey Richards. Story wise, it makes sense as Eddie was his former partner but a dude who also cut his teeth in the opposition's company (even having a run as their world champ) doesn't scream "OG".