Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Songs I heard at work

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I'm five versions deep into "Last Christmas" and none have been George Michael. Then the goddamn Sia song about puppies came back. Oh god.

Gary

None So Vile
Reaction score
Getting to hear Cocteau Twins' cover of "Frosty the Snowman" and the original "Christmas Wrapping" makes me a happy man.

Gary

None So Vile
Reaction score
I'm five versions deep into "Last Christmas" and none have been George Michael. Then the goddamn Sia song about puppies came back. Oh god.
I too have had to deal with multiple versions of "Last Christmas", though getting to hear the Jackson 5 sing "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" is nice.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Jack Johnson turning "Rudolph the red nosed Reindeer" into a song shaming the ones who wouldn't let that fucking freak play reindeer games is just unlistenable

Valeyard

Reaction score
"Let It Snow" question: is the preferred lyric "conspire" or "perspire?" Because both are being played ten times a day.

I also don't know why so much Colbie Caillat Christmas music is being played still.

Gary

None So Vile
Reaction score
After suffering through many terrible covers, they finally played the original "All I Want for Christmas is You"

Gary

None So Vile
Reaction score
I've come to the conclusion that "I Used to Rule the World" is a catchy song. "Hey Soul Sister" (and everything from Train) is still a bane upon my existence.

Gary

None So Vile
Reaction score
Not the biggest Queen fan (or at the very least I've heard "Bohemian Rhapsody" and "We Will Rock You/We are the Champions" too many times), but getting to hear "Killer Queen" was nice.

Valeyard

Reaction score

I'm honestly not sure how I feel about this song beyond exhausted.

Gary

None So Vile
Reaction score
Songs I've recently heard that I hate: "All She Wants to Do is Dance"

Songs I've recently heard that I enjoy: "Breakfast in America", "Big Time", "Get Down Tonight", "And She Was" and "Papa's Got a Brand New Bag"

Valeyard

Reaction score
Don Henley sucks. We get "All She Wants To Do Is Dance" and "Dirty Laundry" a lot.

As far as more recent stuff, there's been a LOT of "Numb Little Bug," and for a wide variety of reasons I do not want to hear it.

Valeyard

Reaction score
What in the goatfuck is a techno remix of "Fast Car" doing here?

Valeyard

Reaction score

I don't even like this but it got stuck in my head the other day and it won't go away.