Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Talk About Things That Nobody Cares: Aerosmith thread

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
CZECH REPUBLIC: BATTLE FORMATION said:
This band had one good song
I wonder if they've put BUTT on suicide watch yet!

Oh and bad news, Czech, Joe Perry says Aerosmith will continue with or without him. Any predictions on who the replacement might be? I'm going to guess Ian Astbury or the dude from Alter Bridge that everybody thought would replace Robert Plant.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I started this thread knowing well that I could lose what little cred I gained from winning Real TSM Post of The Day with this thread.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
I haven't liked Aerosmith in years, but I'm still mad at my mom for not letting me see them in Scranton when I was 12.

Kinetic

Kinetic
Reaction score
Which song is the good one? "Love in an Elevator," I hope.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Was it this board where someone was recently saying that "Love in an Elevator" is the worst song that they like? I'm incline to agree with that sentiment. The first nine/tenths of that song is average hair metal cheese but the last part where they're all harmonizing acapella is awesome.

Byron The Bulb

Byron the bulb
Reaction score
Best Aerosmith thing is obv. that video where Steven Tyler's teenager daughter and Alicia Silverstone dress up as school girls and take off their shirts and almost make out with each other and shit.

Kinetic

Kinetic
Reaction score
Joe Perry should replace Steven Tyler with Steve Perry. Maybe Tyler Perry. That could work.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Only one Perry can replace Steven Tyler IMHO...

alg_the-fridge.jpg

Byron The Bulb

Byron the bulb
Reaction score
But seriously, I was under the impression that they had replaced Steven Tyler with some kind of animate mannequin wearing a leathery death mask ages ago. So, really, it's good to hear that he's still alive.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
#1 Gay said:
Best Aerosmith thing is obv. that video where Steven Tyler's teenager daughter and Alicia Silverstone dress up as school girls and take off their shirts and almost make out with each other and shit.

"Crazy" was a nice video but I can't help but think if it didn't exist we would have been spared Liv Tyler's star turn in Stealing Beauty and we'd all be a little better off for that.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
Kinetic said:
Joe Perry should replace Steven Tyler with Steve Perry. Maybe Tyler Perry. That could work.

Steve Perry is retired. :( :( :(

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Good luck trying to get a ninny like Glasscock to appreciate cock rock, Cowboy Numbers. He probably doesn't even like DLR era Van Halen!

Reaction score
King Kamala said:
Good luck trying to get a ninny like Glasscock to appreciate cock rock, Cowboy Numbers. He probably doesn't even like DLR era Van Halen!

Oddly enough, I've never been a big Van Halen fan.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
I was just talking to Byron the Bulb on AIM and he said that Steve Perry would make an excellent replacement for Steven Tyler because they're both virulent racial thieves. Tyler's grotesque parody of the traditional negro blues singer is insulting to all of us who recognize the contributions of blacks to rock music, while Perry's aping of Sam Cooke's vocal style was despicable cultural theft on par with Elvis.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
Kamala, I love Journey (latent bigotry) but that song really isn't very good. It's a pale ripoff of "Lights" and the band really didn't get good until Jonathan Cain replaced Gregg Rolie on keyboards.

I own both Steve Perry solo albums. I have his debut (the one with "Oh Sherrie" and "Foolish Heart") on cassette, though I didn't pay for it, but I shelled out $2 a while back for his 1994 follow-up, For the Love of Strange Medicine. Neither are any good but I don't have any regrets.

Reaction score
BUTT said:
Kamala, I love Journey (latent bigotry) but that song really isn't very good. It's a pale ripoff of "Lights" and the band really didn't get good until Jonathan Cain replaced Gregg Rolie on keyboards.

I own both Steve Perry solo albums. I have his debut (the one with "Oh Sherrie" and "Foolish Heart") on cassette, though I didn't pay for it, but I shelled out $2 a while back for his 1994 follow-up, For the Love of Strange Medicine. Neither are any good but I don't have any regrets.

Lights is great.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
BUTT said:
I posted it because it was Steve Perry at his most Sam Cookeish. Even though it's not really like Sam Cooke at all. It's probably not even in the Top 5 of Journey power ballads. I still like it though.

Have I mentioned I love the video for "Oh, Sherrie"? Almost as good as the ones for "Separate Ways" and "Faithfully" except this one I guess is supposed to be intentionally funny. The moment when Steve Perry sings out "YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN GOOOOONNNNNEEEE" at the beginning and stops everybody dead in their tracks is one of the greatest moments in music video history.