Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Talk About Things That Nobody Cares: Aerosmith thread

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
My friend and her dad went to see The Joe Perry Project at the Boston House of Blues across the street from Fenway last night. They opened their encore with "Lightning Strikes", @BUTT . WTH is Joe Perry playing Jimmy Crespo era Aerosmith songs? That's like if Ace Frehley played "Heaven's On Fire", which I mean me and @Springtime for Epic would mark out before (before doubling over with laughter at Ace trying to sing "Heaven's On Fire")

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
That’s a strange choice but I will point out that Perry played the song regularly with Aerosmith from the time he rejoined until 1990 when they dropped it from the setlist, so maybe he feels some ownership of it?

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score

The "final" world tour.

No way this doesn't end in a co-headlining stadium tour with KISS, right?

Last edited:

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Ykw? Call me a gullible fool but based on what they are saying in the article (they seem very non committal on saying these are the final shows, just that it’s *probably* their last major nationwide tour). I *kind* of believe what they are saying.

I genuinely don’t think the classic rock behemoths like KISS, Aerosmith, AC/DC, Guns N Roses, etc will be touring 10 years from now. Will you see them at the occasional festival or on their cruise? Sure but it’s just not physically possible IMO for those guys to go on as long as The Rolling Stones.

Blues (or blues adjacent music) is something that you can easily sing and play into your eighties. We have yet to see a major hard rock or metal act tour in their eighties. I guess only time can tell but if anyone can pull it off, I am guessing it’s Rob Halford or Bruce Dickinson.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
No way this doesn't end in a co-headlining stadium tour with KISS, right?

Unlikely, but in 2003 they refused to tour with KISS unless there were three original members, so that's the only possible way to get Peter or Ace back in the band.

I don't think the Steven Tyler statutory rape lawsuit (which btw, unbelievable hubris that he didn't pay her off years ago; the relationship was public knowledge for decades) will hurt their drawing power, but if I go to the Newark show I promise not to tell anyone about it.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Halford I can see hanging up the leather in the next decade (he's noticeably slower than even 5 years ago) but Bruce is someone I can see performing well into his 70s. He's in phenomenal shape and shows no signs of slowing down.

EDIT - Just realized that Alice Cooper is still touring regularly in his 70s. He joked in an interview years ago that he doesn't wanna retire before Keith Richards as some sort of friendly rivalry between them.

Last edited:

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Joey Kramer won't take part in the Farewell Tour. What do they have against this guy?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Basically, it’s a lot harder to be an old drummer than it is an old singer or guitarist. See also why Bill Ward got left off the Sabbath farewell or Phil Collins sitting in an office chair (and not drumming) for his left few tours