Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Strange Wrestling (IRL) Feuds

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Once Karen Jarrett exposes you for a total bitch, nothing ever makes you sound tough.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I've never heard Sapp talk so I'm reading that in Charlie Kelly's voice.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Mankind should have ended Tatanka's streak. It would have had to extend a few more years, though.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm happily surprised to see Waltman as one of the few wrestlers to still have a few synapses firing.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
From the same interview where he defended Vince McMahon.

He can't go more than a few weeks without saying anything dumb that makes me question my fandom.

"I don't care that he was a homophobic! I was afraid he hurt Randy Orton!"

OK, pal!

I'm sure @BruiserBrody loves the fighting technique though.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Tom Hannifan got in a seemingly subtle jab at JR last night (that will undoubtedly really piss him off) by talking about how he's the only pro wrestling announcer who enters to the college he graduated from's fight song.

I imagine pointing out that JR never actually went to OU riles him up more than bringing up any of the hundreds of times he was humiliated by Vince.

Also kind of a dick move for Tom Phillips to needlessly troll a 70 year about their COLLEGE FOOTBAW teams.

Valeyard

Reaction score
That's the best way to troll JR though. It's literally inoffensive to regular people but he's one of those who takes it personally. Him letting the mask slip at Wrestlemania 9 when Heenan said the Steiners were famous for high school sports is one of the reasons I love them both.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
One of my best friends flunked out of Michigan State then had to graduate elsewhere. Still a massive Spartans fan.

Unlike JR though, at least he went to school he cheered for for a time. Although you'd think awkward memories of flunking out (not to mention a certain former team physician) would put a damper on the fandom but I guess he just loves that damn team.

Look though, I still watch WWE so I'm really throwing stones from inside my glasshouse here.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Wait so JR being an alum is like saying Randy Orton is a military vet?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
No. Randy Orton was in the military but got dishonorably discharged. JR *never* went to OU although I don't think he ever claimed to attend OU. I think everyone just assumed he went there since he enters to their fight song and is always hanging out on the sidelines at the football games.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
No. Randy Orton was in the military but got dishonorably discharged. JR *never* went to OU although I don't think he ever claimed to attend OU. I think everyone just assumed he went there since he enters to their fight song and is always hanging out on the sidelines at the football games.

Nitpick: Bad Conduct Discharge. If he'd served a Duck Dinner, it'd be illegal for Orton to own a gun.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Nitpick: Bad Conduct Discharge. If he'd served a Duck Dinner, it'd be illegal for Orton to own a gun.
Oh yeah. I forgot that distinction. Didn't WWE dispatch Jerry McDevitt and his team of legal beagles to get the charges knocked down so it'd be easier for him to travel internationally?

Valeyard

Reaction score
I bet JR would throw down if you told him Steve Williams was an overrated football player.

This is from someone whose mom made him promise to never call Bob Holly Sparky Plugg if I met him.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
Oh yeah. I forgot that distinction. Didn't WWE dispatch Jerry McDevitt and his team of legal beagles to get the charges knocked down so it'd be easier for him to travel internationally?
I don't remember that story but, I'd totally believe it: a Dishonorable would create a lot of problems for someone in Orton's line of work.