Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Super Pictures And Videos I Like 64: Championship Edition

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
What's this about him not even playing the games anymore?

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
What's this about him not even playing the games anymore?
It's not 100% proven, but it seems based on some recent game choices outside of James' personal fandom realm and his sometimes unenthused script reading, mixed in with overly forced anger that he isn't invested in the gimmick anymore. He finally admitted in a recent video that he handles the technical end of things* and the other guys write the material (which he then approves/adds to). James spent a year and a half in Covid isolation, so his "crew" and him seemed to mainly contact through emails and whatnot based on some comments shared by James and the others.

*By handles the tech, I mean he showed a video admitting he hasn't upgraded his editing Mac since like 7+ years ago, he doesn't know basic problem solving on CPUs etc as he spent weeks trying to fix an issue only to find out he had a faulty "Monstercable", he was editing Nerd videos by capturing things to DVD and transferring them to his CPU, etc etc Plus he moved houses so his nerd room is a fake set his buddy built in his garage, so it's smaller and cramped so James took cable ties and tied his tripods to the ceiling so he wouldn't trip - that was his excuse as to why tons of recent videos are just him sitting in one spot w/ game play spliced in. He also bought a sizable teleprompter instead of using an app on his Iphone, so he has that bolted to several pieces of wood he then slapped on top of a SNES on the set. Basically the whole video was shocking as James is making 100K a year on youtube (allegedly) so having a slap dash studio set up is mind blowing.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I really wanted to like the AVGN movie. I was so hyped to watch it and I couldn't get into it at all. Fan reaction seems to be the same. I appreciate the effort but yeah, huge misfire.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I was happy for him to finally get the chance to make the shlock movie he wanted. Always just liked Rolfe and rooted for him. But it was terrible and he's never been the same since on any level. Just as someone who always wanted to be a filmmaker, and who finally got his dream and who had a popular character, it's sad his biggest film moment is telling everyone he didn't want to see the female Ghostbusters.

Haws Bah Gawd

TRTSM's Color Commentator
Reaction score
I would have been fucking pissed if I spent money on what amounted to a shitty film, only for him to upload the actual review portion of the film to YouTube, for free, a week or so after the film released.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Karl Jobst does a great video going against an "argument" video aimed at him from a collector (aka really a speculative investor aka NOT a collector).

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Pat the NES Punk also went at the video creator a bit.

Valeyard

Reaction score
That plagiarism thing last year probably shook him and he's now gunshy about putting his name on Monster Madness this year. I'd rather he did that than any other project he does, of course. Rolfe doing what makes him visibly happy makes me happy.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
Is Cinemassacre not doing Monster Madness this year?

This blows.
James has been checked out for years. Last year's had to be redone because the goof who was hired to write the scripts for Bored James to read was caught stealing the material from others.

The CM truth reddit is doing their own version which has CPU James voice overs mixed with memes making fun of CM as "James" reviews the movie

Valeyard

Reaction score
Oh man I bet there's some funny bits about not having time. Those people are super clever.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score

Yup, that hairline is GOING.

I actually owned the PS1 port of Doom. 64 deserved to be talked about more. I would have killed to have a handheld version in the 90s.

Valeyard

Reaction score
He just needs to stop. Has to know his main audience now is that phenomenally bad reddit group too.

skullman80

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I beat the first quest in Zelda on the NES yesterday for the first time in probably 30ish years. It's amazing the stuff you remember. Dungeon 9 made me throw my 35 year old NES controller a few times, but I did it. Totally forgot you start all over on Quest 2 with nothing haha.