Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Supreme Court WTF Thread

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
While I'm not out right posting champagne bottles over this news, all of my friends sharing the headline are getting "Heart" reacts from me with no comment. Anyone citing "hell" gets a "laugh" react.

literally just had to friend support someone who thought they were alone in this fucking state, and let her know she had allies if she sought one, and she did, and I'm the only person that she's talked to about it. She's more hurt that she couldn't go to best friends, siblings, family, etc.. for advice. And just...fuck people that waste so much energy in trying to control other peoples' personal lives

sfaJack

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's the only call they could make. CDC is not a lawmaking body and can't be allowed to act as such. Your turn, Congress.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This was all said while she was being interviewed by Mitch McConnell at the opening of the Mitch McConnell Center at University of Louisville btw.

I WISH I were making that up. JFC

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's a hoax. He's halfway to Maine for a wild weekend with Sue Collins.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
I understand the viewpoint that the death penalty is barbaric. I understand the amount of wrongfully convicted individuals who've been murdered as a result of it. I understand disagreeing with the idea that the state can decide who lives and who dies, and I do, overall, agree with it.

But this piece of shit murdered 4 people. Callously. Without second thought. With no connection to any of them. Without any doubt at all that he did it.

Krystle Campbell, 29, of Arlington. Lingzi Lu, 29, a BU grad student from Shenyang, Liaoning province, China. Officer Sean Collier, 27, of the MIT police department.

Martin Richard. 8 years old. Of Dorchester.

People like this do not deserve to breathe the same air as the rest of us. Fuck this piece of shit and I hope there's a Hell for him to rot in.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I understand the viewpoint that the death penalty is barbaric. I understand the amount of wrongfully convicted individuals who've been murdered as a result of it. I understand disagreeing with the idea that the state can decide who lives and who dies, and I do, overall, agree with it.

But this piece of shit murdered 4 people. Callously. Without second thought. With no connection to any of them. Without any doubt at all that he did it.

Krystle Campbell, 29, of Arlington. Lingzi Lu, 29, a BU grad student from Shenyang, Liaoning province, China. Officer Sean Collier, 27, of the MIT police department.

Martin Richard. 8 years old. Of Dorchester.

People like this do not deserve to breathe the same air as the rest of us. Fuck this piece of shit and I hope there's a Hell for him to rot in.
You summed it up pretty much as best as anyone.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
For as much notice as it's gotten, he might as well have organized a 4K fun run.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, if you're going to commit self immolation to draw attention to a cause, there's certainly better places to do it than the Supreme Court at 7 PM on a Friday*.

*Yeah. I know it was Earth Day but still. Light yourself on fire in The Today Show plaza or something. Maybe he was concerned about an innocent bystander accidentally catching fire too.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you listen to either of Will's podcasts, Inc? Or was this a random Twitter find?

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Do you listen to either of Will's podcasts, Inc? Or was this a random Twitter find?
I read his writing on film whenever he publishes something. I'm aware of his podcasts but I rarely listen to podcasts.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
super busy day for SCOTUS.

just as the senate actually makes progress on some gun laws the scotus tosses this shit in their laps

and they also ruled you can't sue cops who don't mirandize you even if the evidence is used against you at trial.

Yes the rulings were all 6-3. How did you know?