Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The Falcon and The Winter Soldier

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
We are already ten days out from this series starting so I thought it would be appropriate to get the thread started.

This is the most recently released trailer

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
FALCON.jpg

WINTERSOLDIER.jpg

ZEMO.jpg

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm assuming this will be like Wanda Vision in that the episodes will be released in weekly installments?

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I'm assuming this will be like Wanda Vision in that the episodes will be released in weekly installments?
From the sounds of it, it will. This will be weekly like WandaVision and then a similar short break before the start of Loki. I know a couple of their other shows are deep in filming and supposed to start this year but not sure what’s up after Loki and when.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
In doing press for this, Kevin Feige mentioned that this series features a location that previously was unavailable for them before the Fox merger. It sounds like he wasn’t trying to hype it as a key element, more of an Easter egg.

Some people said the trailers have featured flags like the flag of Madripor from the comics, which likely could be the spot as it is most commonly featured in Wolverine stories.

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
Can't wait for rampant speculation to get peoples expectations way too high. IF WOLVERINE AND DEADPOOL ARENT IN THIS I RIOT!

Dandy

Reaction score
No spoilers to say that this is 180° from WandaVision but equally awesome. Great action sequences and great character depth being built. I am digging this.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
I don't know if I'd say that it's a complete 180° from WandaVision. It looks, in a lot of ways, like this show is also going to be about grief and PTSD, but served with a side order of systemic racism.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It had the immersion of a film, which I loved. Wandavision felt like a TV show for the first 1-2 episodes but felt more filmish, but I think that was by design. This felt like the teacher allowing us an hour per week to watch a very long movie.

Everything story wise has me intrigued, also. Anthony Mackie was on Hot Ones within the last 2-3 weeks and said while filming this he'd go fishing when he didn't have anything to do. I now see what he's talking about :) .

Dandy

Reaction score
I don't know if I'd say that it's a complete 180° from WandaVision.
Started off with action and fight scenes with slick production looking on par with Marvel movies. WandaVision had a plethora of “fans” saying they didn’t like it and it was not Marvel after the first and second episodes.

One was a slow reveal to what was happening in a weird sitcom world. The other looks like a Marvel movie. I would say they are 180° and I loved both shows.

muzzington

Queen Elizabeth Look-alike
Reaction score
They are both definitely awesome and hit the mark in different ways.

If this is 8 or 9 episodes I could definitely watch them all as one long movie such is the way it's humming along.

Also this

zemo-dance.gif

Last edited:

claydude14

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I really enjoyed it. I took a break after episode two and let episodes three-five pile up for me to binge before having to wait for six. I was surprised it seemed to garner a lot of criticisms in reviews, like that there was no true antagonist with all the shades of gray between Carley, US Agent, and the Power Broker/Sharon Carter. I didn’t have a problem with any of that, although I didn’t like US Agent’s role in the finale after the great heel turn earlier in the season.

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
I finally watched this and I really don't know why I kept putting it off for so long. I think in some ways it's the best of the Marvel shows. It told a nice tight story, we found out a lot about what has been happening in the post-Blip world, the characterization was strong, etc. They also didn't go overboard with the humor while still having a really fun dynamic between Bucky/Sam. Zemo and Karli were both very well used and seeing more about Zemo's views on super-humans was especially interesting.