Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The OAO UFC Fight Pass Thread

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
BTW for those who've watched these events before how quickly do they get uploaded? I'm not sure if I'll be able to see the undercard and if it turns out the show will be available immediately after I'll try and avoid spoilers.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I don't think it's immediately but I'm not 100%. Definitely within a day though.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Fight pass cards are usually immediate. They're streamed live on FP and then after the fact you can go back and watch what you missed while the card is still going on. I don't see why they would take it off after it airs if they keep it on as it's airing.

If it's blacked out because it's supposed to be on TSN or The Fight network, that's different. Those are usually next day.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Was this card as awful as the results made it seem? I guess the main event would have been fun for a neutral but I'm tired of seeing Andrei get whooped like that. I guess the prospect of seeing a Bader knee lead to a KO is intriguing.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
DAVID ALLEN COE AND NO SHOW JONES YEAHHHHH said:
Was this card as awful as the results made it seem? I guess the main event would have been fun for a neutral but I'm tired of seeing Andrei get whooped like that. I guess the prospect of seeing a Bader knee lead to a KO is intriguing.

Main event is worth checking out as they had some wild exchanges. Andrei gassed p. quick though.

Only other fight I saw was Gus/Jan and it was okay. Blachowicz landed some good blows on the feet, but couldn't stop the takedown.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Only things worth watching were Hermansson/Ashkam, Bader and the main. Thank god I didn't watch that card live. Lapilus looked good but Issa literally ran from him for rounds two and three, ditto for Leandro Silva in the first one. Would have loved to seen points lost for timidity on those.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hermansson/Ashkam was actually a pretty good fight.

And AES is a hottie and got a win.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I watched the first round of Bader/Latifi before I went out to a bar last night so needless to say it was quite a stark contrast watching the second round later.

I thought the main event was fun enough, but it so weird to me watching Barnett off of the gas.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Who's not that good of a fighter. I think he's lucky the Manilla card got cancelled, the way he looked last night Tybura would have subbed him.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Black Beast is good wth

He didn't have a good performance so he'll sit his ass down, but he's got potential. Showed a lot even in that poor performance.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I mean, I was hammered watching it and tired because of all the decisions but I don't see what he showed besides the fact that his power carries late into the fight.

Staff member
Reaction score
He showed if he takes you down...there's just no defense to prevent getting finished at all. I also like his attitude after the fight, sounds like he wants to get better.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The TKO card from Friday night was worth checking out. You can see what normally would have been a DQ due to a downed opponent getting kneed in the face be a TKO under the new rules! And a guy going Mike Kyle on his opponent and getting DQ'd!

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
They came close to pulling the trigger on that a year or two ago but never did. Nice to see it on there now. K-1 from 1996-1999 may have had the best run in combat sports history with nearly every card knocking it out of the park.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Saturday's Card:

Main Card

Jimi Manuwa vs Corey Anderson
Alan Jouban vs Gunnar Nelson
Brad Pickett vs Marlon Vera
Arnold Allen vs Makwan Amirkhani

Prelims

Reza Madadi vs Joe Duffy
Darren Stewart vs Francimar Barroso
Daniel Omielanczuk vs Timothy Johnson
Mark Diakese vs Teemu Packalen
Tom Breese vs Oluwale Bamgbose
Leon Edwards vs Vicente Luque
Ian Entwhistle vs Brett Johns
Brad Scott vs Scott Askham
Lina Lansberg vs Lucie Pudilova

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Gonna buy some shitty, warm English beer and down it during One Punch's fight. One of the most entertaining lighter-weight fighters of all time.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Entwhistle missed weight and now has been medically ruled out of the fight. Shitty, I was looking forward to seeing Johns fight. Johns said that fighting at this level of competition isnt for everybody and he wishes Ian well.....fighting outside of the UFC.

Staff member
Reaction score
Marc Diakese is legit, can't wait for them to take this guy and bring him to North America for important fights.

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not surprised nobody watched the card this morning because of how early it was, but...Betch got KTFO.

And RDA looked strong at 170.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Sasaki won as a +420 underdog against a legit opponent. It would be nice if people saw his fight so he could be promoted properly....

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
209 said:
I'm not surprised nobody watched the card this morning because of how early it was, but...Betch got KTFO.

I'd like to imagine Holly Holm being like Don Cherry in that old Skin Bracer commercial after that fight.