Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The Police Thread

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Those things will totally put a stop to bitches who grew up playing paintball cosplay soldier becoming shitty police.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The department that covers my home had an excessive force situation make the paper. They won't elaborate what the guy did but the now former cop was arrested and fired. Pressing my badge bunny friend for deets, so far no luck. It's all going to come out eventually with public records requests. Our local paper is a New York Times owned paper so someone down the pipeline is going to get the citizens some answers.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Was able to learn something, not sure if this applies everywhere, but its strange. In the event an armed suspect charges at the police during an armed standoff, after the smoke clears they figure out which bullet killed the person, match it to the appropriate gun and officer. Subsequently, that officer is drug tested and put on leave for the duration of the investigation.

Goes back to living in an oilfield community. Everyone that didn't go to college either went to the oil field or became some manner of police man, fireman, or paramedic. Friend's older brother has done all of the above and was recently involved in a standoff situation and friend said the brother had to wait and see who's gun actually killed the guy that shot at them

Just lobbing this out there, wouldn't the guy with the best aim be the least likely to be high/drunk? Like maybe drug test the guy that fired the bullet that missed by 100 yards? I mean there IS a very RECENT national story all over the place about a victim who was killed by stray bullets and wasn't the intended target. We're having national civil unrest and this country is broken.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Not all drugs negatively affect your perception, though. Cocaine, amphetamines, and even strong sativas can increase your focus and reaction time.

Reactions: SFH

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Shock news: no consequences for the cop that shot Jacob Blake seven times point blank in the back.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I remember celebrities starting doing that years ago to keep the paparazzi off them. Particularly Beatles songs.

Hoff

EVERYTHING
Reaction score
You would think - at least, I would think - there'd be some legal provision allowing for that sort of material to be present when the work in question isn't a creative work, but something newsworthy? If not, can we fucking pass that law, because it needs to be.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
As long as it is up long enough to be taken into evidence as a case, it doesn't matter. Even if it isn't up on the web, if there is knowledge of its existence it can be used in a case, copyright or not.

I think the bigger concern is that they play music to drown out the audio but any action which was recorded would still be available.

Legally, I think it is a minor speed bump but not one that I think will catch on or put a crimp in citizens recording unlawful police activity.

Staff member
Reaction score
Textbook involuntary manslaughter right there. Gonna get five years.

It seems clear she really did think it was a taser but man that's some serious incompetence right there.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Somebody on my Facebook feed put it best: if you are getting tasers and guns confused, you shouldn’t be allowed to use either.

Reactions: Laz