Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The WWF B, C, and D shows.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
My own theory about Nailz's '98 WCW signing is that Bischoff was so angry about Raw beating Nitro in the ratings that he hired the guy who beat up Vince as some sort of flaccid insult. The one show he worked was four days after the Raw that ended the streak, but Wacholz was under contract for over a year and was paid $244,754.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Very excited for Mantaur. He was high on the list of who I wanted to hear LAH talk about in French.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
BIMBOTSINCHAINS1.jpg

Stephanie Wiand looks pretty good in Revenge of the Bimbot Zombie Killers I gotta say.

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
What the hell...Why is Gorilla giving the Brain grief for thinking the Viking was from Iceland? That was literally where he was announced as being from 10 seconds before!

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
not enough wacky antics for my liking but understandable as March 1995 they probably were still experiencing the frustration of blowing it with Pam Anderson.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Todd knew what was coming, smart man. And he cooked the kind of cornbread that is much needed in the current sanitized era.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I feel like Todd selling a Stone Cold beatdown would've been even more annoying than his normal behavior.

And you brought up something I hadn't thought of before, @Baby Shoes . Todd REALLY would've been perfect for TV PG era and on WWE. I feel like people would have more fondness (or at least, less antipathy) to '08 and on WWE if WWE had changed their look and presentation to reflect the change in content. Instead, essentially, WWE has looked the same more or less (with some mild to moderate tweaks) since the Attitude Era.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
First off that's a Raw match so it shouldn't even be in this thread. But second, that's an interesting Raw as it was during the Blizzard of '93 and most of the wrestlers booked were unable to make it to the Mid-Hudson Civic Center. Bret vs Luger and Savage vs Giant Gonzales were advertised dark matches but they didn't happen. I can't find info on if there were any dark matches at all because Meltzer never listed the card in his results section. So the whole card might have just been Nastys-Shrinkers, Backlund-Shango, and Razor and Typhoon squashes. Monsoon handled the live commentary for the show with Heenan and Bartlett. I had always figured Vince was a no-show due to the weather but apparently there were other reasons.
The reason Vince McMahon missed Raw was because he was being honored 3/15 by the Michael Landon Foundation. He brought Hogan, Randy Savage, Jim Duggan, Gene Okerlund and Jimmy Hart with him and aired a video to get Vince over as a philanthropist. Hogan presented the award to Vince saying that Vince used to be his friend, but now he's his hero. Vince then said he was unworthy of the award and the ones who deserve credit are all the Superstars of the WWF who devote all their time to philanthropic work. Ted Turner was supposed to be honored at the same banquet, but wasn't there and Hank Aaron accepted the award for him. Hogan also played two songs on bass with the band. I'm told he played very well, but told the band he only knew two songs.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
First off that's a Raw match so it shouldn't even be in this thread.
Oh shit. I thought this was the New Generation thread. I'll never escape your scorn between this and perpetuating the "Crimson Mask was briefly a member of Chic" myth!

JHawk

Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
Reaction score

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
I believe I mentioned this one earlier in the thread.

This was actually the syndicated show in my area (the last WWF show in the Youngstown, OH area although we inexplicably got Worldwide for the last year and a half of its existence)
Same in Green Bay. Sat at 3 we got "Shotgun" followed by Worldwide in 97ish. It would drive me nuts when MLB on Fox would run over.

Worldwide eventually went to Sunday AM IIRC until the very end (airing over a week after the last Nitro).

It was cool that towards the end they supplemented Nitro recaps with classic PPV matches.