Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The WWF New Generation Thread Volume 2

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I never put that together. It makes sense. Could also have been Credit Card Ramon but that oozes far less machismo.

Lazgistics Supervisor

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
I was yesterday years old when I may have first learned/realized Razor Ramon was named "Razor" due to its use as a tool to cut cocaine.
...I honestly just thought it was because it was supposed to be his weapon of choice on the streets of Miami. This, too, makes sense.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I think on the Wresltemania 11 tape they had some of those tacked on the end. I never could get Kwang.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
I'm pretty sure Ahmed's first promos made me think he was a heel.

I legit have notebooks of Fantasy booking from the era calling him "Omar Atlas" as I apparently wanted to use this guy I barely knew in fake booking stuff, but couldn't remember his actual name and accidentally called him by a jobber's name for a while.

I was so excited by Shane Douglas when I was 7 that I made my momma write down his name on a scrap sheet on the bulletin board in the kitchen so I could remember it.

And....Tatanka's early run saw him work Tanaka in one of his first matches, which drove me nuts as I tried to get this guys name and the announcer's kept saying Tatanka...Tanaka...Tatanka...Tanaka.

TLDR - Young Brody was as brain dead as old Brody.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I legit have notebooks of Fantasy booking from the era calling him "Omar Atlas" as I apparently wanted to use this guy I barely knew in fake booking stuff, but couldn't remember his actual name and accidentally called him by a jobber's name for a while.
That's not any worse than Bill Watts being adamant about wanting to call him Buck Johnson.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I mean probably overall? His Cagematch said he wrestled from 1958 to 1993. Not too many dudes have wrestled in five decades.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Those vignettes didn't make Ahmed seem like a face to me. Not a heel but not a face. But truthfully it was all ruined by Dok Hendrix on Action Zone by him saying he saw Ahmed and telling Todd "He is as big as a HOOUUUUSEE!"

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
I mean probably overall? His Cagematch said he wrestled from 1958 to 1993. Not too many dudes have wrestled in five decades.
He was territory champion in Texas (pre-WCCW), Central States and Stampede. But he did work as a job guy when he was 50 years old in a national promotion and that's what people remember.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Think Atlas lasted till 88/89 as a job guy in the WWF

Damn he lasted until the early 90s! He was pushing 55!

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Damn he lasted until the early 90s! He was pushing 55!
giphy.gif

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Iirc, PWI was pushing "PG-13 to the WWF!" quite frequently at that time. That's why I wasn't quite shocked when they showed up on Raw. They got that squash win and I think a week or two later were decisively beat by the Gunns.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Squee!

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
Squee!
If I had any faith in toy distribution, I would get excited about something like this potentially, but recently the pegs are empty and the pre-orders are expensive and questionable as to if the item will actually ever come.

In the past week the SDCC stuff sold out in under 3 mins and the Walmart online collector-con WWE stuff was on sale for a blip this past Saturday.