Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

This Day in Pro Wrestling History

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6

Dusty: See, Luger's so over that's he's popping the houses, so if we don't give him the belt, the fans will keep coming.

Voice 1: "But Hogan just held the title for 4 years and was setting arena records in 1987 yet..."

Crockett "Fuck it, I'm broke, do whatever"

Ted Turner "Gee, I like that Flair boys style"

JR "Bah Gawd, Dr Death played Footbawl!!!"

Sting "Do we have any heels other than Flair?"

Tully "Where's the coke?"

Nikita Koloff "My wife's cancer treatments took away my steroid budget!"

Corny "*Something Racist* Snoopy laugh *"

Magnum TA: "My arm tingles"

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Happy 50th birthday to one of my first favorite wrestlers, the great Sean Waltman.

Glad he was able to weather his personal demons and the existence of X-Factor to be here today. Hopefully he has a few more Bronco Busters in him (watch out for the turnbuckles) before hanging up the tights.

Edit- I guess it was two days ago and old posts are showing up in my feed. HAPPY BELATED X-PAC!

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
Crazy that this happened less than 25 years ago. I miss the days when NBA All Stars could rassle during the offseason.
I'm such a fucking geek that I know exactly where I was when I heard the Rodman news.
I was laying in bed at 11 at night on a school night, listening to Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell. They did the hour news break and the Rodman stuff was announced. I was so excited I ran next door to my mom's bedroom (she was reading) and told her "I know you don't care, but I HAVE to tell somebody!"
Thankfully CXF exists so I can blather on and pretend somebody out there is listening.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I like that talk radio made enough of an impact in the '90s and early-mid '00s that people still regularly "Thanks for taking my call" at my job.

Internally every time, I want to respond "Well, I'm not Howard Stern. I'll literally get fired if I don't".

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Austin getting him to say the ass word is such a great moment though.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Tito's last WWF match was with Damien Demento and tbh, I'm just as if not more surprised that Demento made it to August '93. My last memory of Damien Demento is him being scared of Giant Gonzalez at Royal Rumble '93 and he made it to October!

Valeyard

Reaction score
Best gimmick and would've worked.

Valeyard

Reaction score
He was still a face for this. Everyone was a face for that. It was incredible.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Un-Americans is one of the worst stable names ever. To this day, though, I wish they'd added Jericho.