Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Tom Brady is No Longer Retired

Dandy

Reaction score
Other than winning the Super Bowl or making it to the Super Bowl in his final year, I’m not sure he could go out on a higher note as far as performance goes. He threw for 5,316 yards and 43 TDs, both leading the league, in his age 44 season.

He is most assuredly going to lose Leftwich as his offensive coordinator. There may be other players and coaches that won’t be back on his team.

He may not want to take more beatings (as 909 mentioned) to put up what is likely to be a worse season.

He leaves holding just about every record, and I cannot imagine some of them getting broken. He played in 10 of the 56 Super Bowls ever played (after this year’s) and 10 of 22 of them since he started playing. It’s absurd.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
Even though the Bucs lost that game against the Rams, Brady had a pretty epic comeback to even get that game tied up.

I'd rather him go out like that, than come back next year and suffer some horrible injury or physically regress into a noodle arm.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Just an insane career on multiple fronts even above & beyond the Super Bowls. Turns from a "game manager" lagging behind Peyton to his statistical equal to carrying some of those 2010s Patriots teams on his back. The absurd comebacks in playoff games and Super Bowls making it look easier than John Elway did (which I never thought would be possible) going back throughout the 2000s alone. The longevity to keep playing after his horrific season-ending injury in 2008 that most players would've retired by 33-35 after. Lands with a new team and literally leads them right to a Super Bowl win.

Bonkers stuff.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
@alkeiper will appreciate the fact that Tom Brady was the last active professional athlete to be drafted by the Montreal Expos. They drafted him in the 18th round of the 1995 MLB Draft after he graduated high school but he decided to pursue football and attend University of Michigan.

Dandy

Reaction score
He reported that multiple sources told him Brady is retiring. That’s on multiple sources, not Schefter.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He’s gonna go to the USFL just to retire again this time ON HIS OWN.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I just find it odd that TB12 wouldn't do a farewell season like Kobe and Derek Jeter. It's not like a bunch of players wouldn't bend over backwards to accommodate salary cap for Bucs (or wherever he would hypothetically end up) next year.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
I obviously have written lots of smack about him, but that was all coming from a Bills fan. As a sports fan, the guy is a GOAT. Maybe of all sports, at least North America wise. He dominated in a way Bill Russell did in terms of titles, and did it in the modern era.

I usually rate athletes by a combination of performance/longevity. Usually players are either really good for a long time or unreal for a short time. Brady is one of the few in any sport that was the best for a long fucking time. Real recognize real.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He said in October that he plans to return to Foxboro regularly after his playing career is over. I'm sure there's something planned in very near future with him and The Patriots despite whatever bitterness happened between them in early 2020. Jokes aside, I sincerely doubt Brady purposely forgot to mention Belichick, Kraft, etc. Worst case scenario, he simply forgot but I'm guessing there'll be some sort of announcement that they're holding off until after SB RE: signing a one day contract and/or immediate Patriots HOF induction.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
landscape-1441314381-dd-brady.jpg
Sorry for your loss. Here’s a reminder of the good times